• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips Ideal Audience: The Not So Secret Tip To Growing Your Channel

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
bigstock-Audience-1116045-306x230.jpg
If you've never heard these words before then this is the best time for you to familiarize yourself with what Ideal Audience means. To put it simple Ideal Audience is basically specific viewers creators are making the content for. As a content creator on YouTube, the first thing you need to understand is that in today's YouTube the content you create has to have a target audience it's creators for and that audience is not you. At one time YouTubers created content they liked that they hoped other people wanted to watch and for a while, it worked. Basically this is how watching other people play videogames online became a thing. Someone decided to share their gameplays with everyone else and someone thought it was entertaining to watch someone else play videogames and thus gaming channels were born.

But these days your content has several obstacles you need to overcome in order for your content to be seen and be found. One such obstacle is the YouTube algorithm. This is the system that reviews your videos and determines who it will show the video to. The goal is to get the algorithm to sare your video with your ideal audience. But who is your ideal audience? That is the question we'll be helping you answer here.

It's pretty obvious every YouTuber's goal is to gain an audience and grow their channel. We all want to have a lot of subscribers. But what you want to make sure is that you have the right kind of subscribers. far too often I see a lot of newcomers with the same quest: I want more subscribers, please subscribe to me. I understand this desire but simply asking people to subscribe will not help you grow your channel. Sure, you'll get bigger numbers in your subs but that's meaningless if your subs don't translate into views. What's the point of having 1000 subscribers if your videos only get 100 or so views? The problem lies in not trying to find your ideal audience, the viewers who you are targetting with your content.

So how do you figure out who your ideal audience is? Simple. Look at the type of content you are creating and ask yourself who would watch this content. To get a better perspective think of the channels you follow and ask yourself why do you follow those channels. What about them compels you to subscribe? Your content should have one particular goal, to give the viewer what they want. These days it's not about what content you wanna make that you enjoy, it's about content that you wanna make that other people can enjoy. For example: say you wanna be a restaurant owner who sells burgers. You're not into hotdogs or turkey legs, so you just wanna make burgers for now. Your favorite burger is a cheeseburger with lettuce, tomatoes, no onions, heavy on the pickles. But if you want a successful restaurant you have to know that not everyone likes burgers with just cheese, or lettuce, or tomatoes or even pickles, and maybe they'll like onions. So, you can still make burgers, but you have to also make them the way potential customers are likely to want them, with cheese or onions, maybe even bacon or ranch dressing. If your restaurant was a YouTube channel, your ideal audience would be people who like burgers with different kinds of toppings, not just your one favorite combination.

Look at what kind of content you wanna create, understand the audience you want to target, and create the content specifically for that audience. That is your ideal audience. Not the ones who "like hotdogs or turkey legs", but the ones who like "burgers with different combinations of toppings".

Your ideal audience are the viewers who are looking for the specific type of content you want to create. So create that content specifically for them and you'll have a better chance of gaining subscribers who want to watch your content and will, in turn, grow your watch time and clickthroughs which will, in turn, tell the YouTube algorithm that your content may be suitable to certain viewers that fall under your ideal audience and thus will be shown your videos in searches and trending thus helping your channel grow more and more.

So your task? Figure out who exactly you intend to target with your content. Understand the topic, the genre, and the trends. Find the best keywords that can give you the optimum chances of being found by your ideal audience. Once you understand who your ideal audience is create your content with the aim to give your ideal audience what they want.

Remember, this is not a magical tip or an instant success plan. It will still take hard work, time and patience to grow a channel. But this can make it much easier if you can point your videos in the right direction from the start. Good luck and if you have any questions please feel free to post them below. I'll do my best to answer or maybe someone else might provide an answer as well.

Floris Food

Good food,great life.
Subscriber Goal
Since i got on here yesterday , 4 more foodies subscribed, and thats way better then 10 randon people after a 'begging session'. Just started a FOODvlog channel, So its good to have fellow Foodies around , who share the same love of food ( like mark wiens) hate or love him, I adore the dude and his channel

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Well said sir! Kudos!

I spent several years working in the music industry and played in a couple bands. We were always on the hunt for 'superfans.' Those devoted few who went to all the shows, bought all the merch and shared your content/music as though itnwere there own. One superfan is worth 100 casual fans. And i would say this fits in exactly with YT audiences as well.

Zita

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
zitachristie.com
Subscriber Goal
Easiest ideal audience is people who are just like your self, thatΓÇÖs why it is so important to be true to your self. I have to remind my self this over and over again because itΓÇÖs so easy to forget :blush:

Reactions: BraveStar

imran dk

View attachment 6323If you've never heard these words before then this is the best time for you to familiarize yourself with what Ideal Audience means. To put it simple Ideal Audience is basically specific viewers creators are making the content for. As a content creator on YouTube, the first thing you need to understand is that in today's YouTube the content you create has to have a target audience it's creators for and that audience is not you. At one time YouTubers created content they liked that they hoped other people wanted to watch and for a while, it worked. Basically this is how watching other people play videogames online became a thing. Someone decided to share their gameplays with everyone else and someone thought it was entertaining to watch someone else play videogames and thus gaming channels were born.

But these days your content has several obstacles you need to overcome in order for your content to be seen and be found. One such obstacle is the YouTube algorithm. This is the system that reviews your videos and determines who it will show the video to. The goal is to get the algorithm to sare your video with your ideal audience. But who is your ideal audience? That is the question we'll be helping you answer here.

It's pretty obvious every YouTuber's goal is to gain an audience and grow their channel. We all want to have a lot of subscribers. But what you want to make sure is that you have the right kind of subscribers. far too often I see a lot of newcomers with the same quest: I want more subscribers, please subscribe to me. I understand this desire but simply asking people to subscribe will not help you grow your channel. Sure, you'll get bigger numbers in your subs but that's meaningless if your subs don't translate into views. What's the point of having 1000 subscribers if your videos only get 100 or so views? The problem lies in not trying to find your ideal audience, the viewers who you are targetting with your content.

So how do you figure out who your ideal audience is? Simple. Look at the type of content you are creating and ask yourself who would watch this content. To get a better perspective think of the channels you follow and ask yourself why do you follow those channels. What about them compels you to subscribe? Your content should have one particular goal, to give the viewer what they want. These days it's not about what content you wanna make that you enjoy, it's about content that you wanna make that other people can enjoy. For example: say you wanna be a restaurant owner who sells burgers. You're not into hotdogs or turkey legs, so you just wanna make burgers for now. Your favorite burger is a cheeseburger with lettuce, tomatoes, no onions, heavy on the pickles. But if you want a successful restaurant you have to know that not everyone likes burgers with just cheese, or lettuce, or tomatoes or even pickles, and maybe they'll like onions. So, you can still make burgers, but you have to also make them the way potential customers are likely to want them, with cheese or onions, maybe even bacon or ranch dressing. If your restaurant was a YouTube channel, your ideal audience would be people who like burgers with different kinds of toppings, not just your one favorite combination.

Look at what kind of content you wanna create, understand the audience you want to target, and create the content specifically for that audience. That is your ideal audience. Not the ones who "like hotdogs or turkey legs", but the ones who like "burgers with different combinations of toppings".

Your ideal audience are the viewers who are looking for the specific type of content you want to create. So create that content specifically for them and you'll have a better chance of gaining subscribers who want to watch your content and will, in turn, grow your watch time and clickthroughs which will, in turn, tell the YouTube algorithm that your content may be suitable to certain viewers that fall under your ideal audience and thus will be shown your videos in searches and trending thus helping your channel grow more and more.

So your task? Figure out who exactly you intend to target with your content. Understand the topic, the genre, and the trends. Find the best keywords that can give you the optimum chances of being found by your ideal audience. Once you understand who your ideal audience is create your content with the aim to give your ideal audience what they want.

Remember, this is not a magical tip or an instant success plan. It will still take hard work, time and patience to grow a channel. But this can make it much easier if you can point your videos in the right direction from the start. Good luck and if you have any questions please feel free to post them below. I'll do my best to answer or maybe someone else might provide an answer as well.
thanks

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
This is the best piece of advice any newcomer could need. Quite often I get many new creators begging me to subscribe to their channel, but I always check out their content first before deciding to hit that sub button, some channels get a sub, but the following instantly puts me off
- no real message from the content.
- several different topics that are unorganized.
- faking it to make it.
- getting nothing from the content, not even a little bit of entertainment.
- poor quality content with no indication of making improvements anywhere.
- content that is full of unnecessary crap or takes too long to get to the point.
- and of course the beggars that expect me to help their channel growth when all they have is a few videos and they havenΓÇÖt uploaded for a long time (yep IΓÇÖve had these many times)

My target is beginner artists and of course collaborating with the advanced artists (well trying to), and just doing my part to help artists of all levels make improvements and teach stuff that hasnΓÇÖt been covered, and to showcase my realistic stuff to show that it can indeed be done.

So when IΓÇÖm promoting my channel IΓÇÖm always stressing to everyone to make sure they want my content and want it truly, and to stick around every time a new video is uploaded so they can catch it, sure if I went down the begging path and annoyed everyone to sub, yeah IΓÇÖd have a nice subscriber count but a really low and crappy view count, and YouTubes algorithm wouldΓÇÖve picked that up and possibly thrown my channel to the wolves, IΓÇÖm at 52 so far and I donΓÇÖt expect that to grow quickly simply because IΓÇÖd rather have 20 or 30 loyal fans than 1000 inactive subscribers, I know for sure this is a looooooong game which requires loads of patience, but I believe IΓÇÖll be able to get to my goals with patience and a nice steady growth rate.