• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion Using ADS will probably limit your possibility of EVER getting monetised

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I have nothing to back up this statement except for gut feelings.

Adsense has strict policies about "invalid click activity" meaning, once you're monetised, if you so much as click ONCE on one of your own video ads, you're in breach of Adsence terms of service, meaning they will terminate your adsense account, and you'll NEVER be allowed to monetise ANY of your channels EVER again. EVER!

Also, YouTube often delete bot accounts (thus you'll notice mass subscriber losses due to subscriber bot purges) and sometimes freezes your view counts on new videos to ensure that the views a valid and not gamed.

So with all the questions I've been seeing of "should I used Google Ads and Facebook Ads to promote my channel?" I have a gut feeling suspicion that if it isn't in the terms of service already, it will become a rule where if you use Ads to boost your channels subscriber in a non organic fashion (pay to win) that your channel will never be monetisable.

I.e, even if you have 1 million subscribers, you'll never get monetised, because you paid for views. because that's essentially what ads to promote a channel are. Unpopular take.

Google ads were discussed in a recent TubeBuddy stream at this timestamp 43:33

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Nah

Google own Youtube

So they are NEVER gonna penalise you for giving them money - they are a business

I thought the consensus was it helps you get monitized, as you have given them money... but also shown you are serious

And publicising your channel on your blog/Reddit/twitter/IG/etc is no different - than paying for FB or Google Ads... it shows you are doing that part of the work to make it work

I am too small and haven't paid for ads

But I am also going on what various YT videos - on how to make a YT channel work - have said

OP
OP
Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Nah

Google own Youtube

So they are NEVER gonna penalise you for giving them money - they are a business

I thought the consensus was it helps you get monitized, as you have given them money... but also shown you are serious

And publicising your channel on your blog/Reddit/twitter/IG/etc is no different - than paying for FB or Google Ads... it shows you are doing that part of the work to make it work

I am too small and haven't paid for ads

But I am also going on what various YT videos - on how to make a YT channel work - have said
Fair on some points, google does own youtube (and adsense) so you have a point there. But I don't think paying for ads shows you are serious. But what you've said has given me food for thought. when youtube pays creators ad money, that's taking ad revenue AWAY from Google, so paying for ads, is actually putting money back INTO Google, so I think it's fair that they probably will never penalise you for paying for ads to get subscribers, those are some very fair points. maybe in a lowkey way, they were hoping more channels MIGHT actually go down the ads route.

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
And that ad-sense thing scares me

As well as being too small [not enough content] to make paid ads work for me... plus the worry of getting the wrong traffic [which would be counter productive - all small views and more dislikes]...

As well as that

I think I should wait on ad-sense

As it feels I would annoy people - when I'm desperately trying to get subs and views... it's too soon to be spamming them with ads... I need them to think the content/channel - is worth having ads... in my mind

But it scares me [about ad-sense] from what you have said... as I always end up clicking on my videos [and not watching any of them] - so I can check things like 'FB likes', 'comments', 'Reddit upvotes', 'what views it tells people I have', etc

I also do that - so I can share directly from the video to Reddit/Twitter

I'm sure I mess up my average viewing time - by doing that

So it's annoying

I don't want the video at all - I just look after those things that way

I would guess on each video I probably do it 7 - 10 times in total.

Argh

Maybe those 7 - 10 clicks and 0 - 1 second watched is bad for my channel... but I don't see how else to do those things

Esp. as I have seen comments that TB doesn't see, and I can't see how I can get those actions done, or see the true view count... any other way...