• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

In Progress 'TB SEO score - videolytics

FocusedAllDay

Hi, does any one know where I can find a tutorial on the 'TB SEO score' within the videolytics section? I get 100% in the SEO studio but then it drops to 50%-70% when I publish. The score appears to be made up of 5 factors i.e. 'tags in title 20/20'. Do you know of a guide breaking down what these factors are made up of? When i adjust my title, tags and description it doesn't impact them.
I have watched various videos and they are about how to optimise your video etc. I'm specifically asking about those 5 metrics and how to get 100% in the TB SEO score within videolytics.
Thanks

Reactions: kitchen c/o ammama

Eric

Trusted User
TubeBuddy User
Hi, does any one know where I can find a tutorial on the 'TB SEO score' within the videolytics section? I get 100% in the SEO studio but then it drops to 50%-70% when I publish. The score appears to be made up of 5 factors i.e. 'tags in title 20/20'. Do you know of a guide breaking down what these factors are made up of? When i adjust my title, tags and description it doesn't impact them.
I have watched various videos and they are about how to optimise your video etc. I'm specifically asking about those 5 metrics and how to get 100% in the TB SEO score within videolytics.
Thanks

Hi,

The Videolytics SEO score is different because we don't know the target keyword. We're working on aligning the two scores so stay tuned. An update is coming soon.

OP
OP
FocusedAllDay

FocusedAllDay

Hi,

The Videolytics SEO score is different because we don't know the target keyword. We're working on aligning the two scores so stay tuned. An update is coming soon.
Thank you. TubeBuddy has 100% TB SEO score in some of your videos. How does one get 100%? i appreciate what you're saying but do you have a guide, tootip, video anything breaking down what the scores in the screenshot relate to and how to get 20/02 on each of them?
1593626552077.png

MontyMills

Hi,

I thought I was going crazy. I keep getting 100 in SEO Studio but when I "save" it goes back to 19 everytime!

Reactions: laurameihoferllc

laurameihoferllc

I am having the same issue. And because i recently splurged on the membership I am wanting to go in and optimize all my old stuff. Well I don't want to start doing all that work if it isn't really going to pan out. So here is an example for this video
View: https://youtu.be/2YCd6pnv9T4
the first photo with the low SEO is the videolytics but then i get 100% with the SEO tool. I don't get it

Attachments

• tb 1.JPG
    tb 1.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 228
  • tb.JPG
    tb.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 186

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I am having the same issue. And because i recently splurged on the membership I am wanting to go in and optimize all my old stuff. Well I don't want to start doing all that work if it isn't really going to pan out. So here is an example for this video
View: https://youtu.be/2YCd6pnv9T4
the first photo with the low SEO is the videolytics but then i get 100% with the SEO tool. I don't get it

Looking here I don't see the exact match the way YouTube does it in your description of your target keyword. That could be why it's lower there.

laurameihoferllc

Looking here I don't see the exact match the way YouTube does it in your description of your target keyword. That could be why it's lower there.

So I literally just copied and pasted from the SEO tool into my youtube video. So where are you seeing that difference? can you do a screen grab?

1603315752771.png

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
So I literally just copied and pasted from the SEO tool into my youtube video. So where are you seeing that difference? can you do a screen grab?

View attachment 7849

You need to match the exact phrase. Prolapse treatment at home. you have CLOSE and partial matches, but try changing it to exact match 100% :) Instead of "did you know that treament of your prolapse at home" should be did you know that prolapse treatment at home can be simple? Again slight change but it's how YT does it, so we match what YT checks :)

Eric

Trusted User
TubeBuddy User
Hi,

Yes we've updated Videolytics to use the SEO Studio score IF you've run SEO Studio on the video. If you don't run SEO Studio we won't have a target keyword and therefore have to use a more general SEO score. Keep in mind you have to complete SEO Studio to get the new score, you can't just run the first step.

Eric

laurameihoferllc

You need to match the exact phrase. Prolapse treatment at home. you have CLOSE and partial matches, but try changing it to exact match 100% :) Instead of "did you know that treament of your prolapse at home" should be did you know that prolapse treatment at home can be simple? Again slight change but it's how YT does it, so we match what YT checks :)
Ahhhhh thank you for pointing that out exactly! I got the score up to 86 and then I took out 1 tag and added two new tags and got it up to 90!!!! I think I need to joint another forum or look for one that outlines the tags in title and descrption as well as tags in description because that is throwing me for a loop as well.
1603316329928.png

Reactions: TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Ahhhhh thank you for pointing that out exactly! I got the score up to 86 and then I took out 1 tag and added two new tags and got it up to 90!!!! I think I need to joint another forum or look for one that outlines the tags in title and descrption as well as tags in description because that is throwing me for a loop as well. View attachment 7850

We have the SEO Studio video on it, and are working to make it more clear as @Eric said :D

laurameihoferllc

Hi,

Yes we've updated Videolytics to use the SEO Studio score IF you've run SEO Studio on the video. If you don't run SEO Studio we won't have a target keyword and therefore have to use a more general SEO score. Keep in mind you have to complete SEO Studio to get the new score, you can't just run the first step.

Eric

Hi Eric! I am trying to really understand this video lytics and seo studio thing. Soooooo let me just break it down here for a second. I am attempting to work backwards a bit. Andrew has kindly answered many of my questions. But are you saying that if I do it the correct way and do seo studio from start to finish it will be better?

We have the SEO Studio video on it, and are working to make it more clear as @Eric said :D
Is this the video you are speaking of?
View: https://youtu.be/EAqfpr91CCA
(look it is you!!!! hehehehE)

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Try this one:

Laura, one more thing that may not be intuitive that I hope will help.

For videos you have already published prior to using TubeBuddy:
Mostly you are just looking to get that video's SEO score as high as possible. For reference, I was able to get my pre TubeBuddy videos to 100% with a fairly complete rework of the Title, Tags and Description.

For videos you are planning:
Start with keyword explorer and play with the topic until you get the best score you can get. Then take that optimized topic into SEO studio for the SEO process.

laurameihoferllc

Try this one:

Laura, one more thing that may not be intuitive that I hope will help.

For videos you have already published prior to using TubeBuddy:
Mostly you are just looking to get that video's SEO score as high as possible. For reference, I was able to get my pre TubeBuddy videos to 100% with a fairly complete rework of the Title, Tags and Description.

For videos you are planning:
Start with keyword explorer and play with the topic until you get the best score you can get. Then take that optimized topic into SEO studio for the SEO process.

THANK YOU!!!!! this is the mothership of all tubebuddy videos. It is saved in my trello card for reference as we go through and fix all of the things. Now I just have to figure out how to become a keyword creater master :)

Reactions: SILTHW

laurameihoferllc

Hi,

Eric
I am getting it slowly but surely!!!! you can just click right into it and start running with it!!! Now if I only could not suck at finding good keywords!

Gunjit

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Just look it up on youtube, I'm sure there are some tutorials about the latter