• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Replies on comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASaltyVeteran

Subscriber Goal
Quick question, I am pretty good at keeping up with the comments on a video but I have noticed that when i reply, if the OP replies to my reply that I am not notified and i often (without meaning to) do not see/reply to their secondary reply. Is there a way within tubebuddy to be notified of all comments and not just the OP's first comment? I hope that made sense.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Quick question, I am pretty good at keeping up with the comments on a video but I have noticed that when i reply, if the OP replies to my reply that I am not notified and i often (without meaning to) do not see/reply to their secondary reply. Is there a way within tubebuddy to be notified of all comments and not just the OP's first comment? I hope that made sense.

So I do think this feature needs some slight tweaks, but I've found the way to do this (on desktop) is to turn OFF filters that YouTube allows (as that will interfer)

Use TubeBuddy comment filters (which I did for years anyway before YouTube implemented thim) and then go Advanced
this will give you advanced options.
Started by = Someone else (you want to find THEIR comments) that = I HAVE replied to (so that you can see their replies, comment's I haven't replied to won't show their response) and contains = this is the part I think needs adjusting as it currently has questions, negetive responses, positive responses, so it might still hide some replies while only focusing on others. Some questions don't include a "?" which I feel could impact the filter, so Ideally I'd like to see "and contain = response" as this would add the ability to blanket all potential responses.

Keeping in mind, I'm pretty sure this takes a LOT of resources depending on how many comments you have, but it's a lot better than what YouTube have where you can only go into the notifications on YouTube OUTSIDE of creator studio, or on mobile, through the creator studio app under "notifications"

There may be more options planned.

Screenshot (1245).png

• Love
Reactions: ASaltyVeteran

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
I don't use the TB comment thing

As it often misses comments

I'm 'lucky' [hmm] that I'm a small enough channel I can check on newer videos directly for comments... but I worry if it ever becomes bigger - about how to keep track of comments

But if what you say is a thing [not what I'm talking about] - then put it [to be always notified even for a reply to a reply] into the TB suggestions forum as a requested feature

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Yes, I am a small channel too and I am for now able to respond to all of my comments and second replies too, I also go over old videos too and check that I have not overlooked any comment. I listened to a bigger you tuber who said that she responds to the first 50. I also watched a big You tuber with a channel about his dogs and he does not turn on his comments anymore. Yet he has over a million subscribers!

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal

So I do think this feature needs some slight tweaks, but I've found the way to do this (on desktop) is to turn OFF filters that YouTube allows (as that will interfer)

Use TubeBuddy comment filters (which I did for years anyway before YouTube implemented thim) and then go Advanced
this will give you advanced options.
Started by = Someone else (you want to find THEIR comments) that = I HAVE replied to (so that you can see their replies, comment's I haven't replied to won't show their response) and contains = this is the part I think needs adjusting as it currently has questions, negetive responses, positive responses, so it might still hide some replies while only focusing on others. Some questions don't include a "?" which I feel could impact the filter, so Ideally I'd like to see "and contain = response" as this would add the ability to blanket all potential responses.

Keeping in mind, I'm pretty sure this takes a LOT of resources depending on how many comments you have, but it's a lot better than what YouTube have where you can only go into the notifications on YouTube OUTSIDE of creator studio, or on mobile, through the creator studio app under "notifications"

There may be more options planned.

Screenshot (1245).png

• Love
OP
OP
ASaltyVeteran

ASaltyVeteran

Subscriber Goal
Ahhhhhh yeah, I just ran through your walkthrough, it works decently but I can see how some will still be missed. It's certainly better than what I was trying to do so thanks for the tutorial! I hope this feature gets tweaked in the future as it would save people a ton of time! Thanks again!

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Ahhhhhh yeah, I just ran through your walkthrough, it works decently but I can see how some will still be missed. It's certainly better than what I was trying to do so thanks for the tutorial! I hope this feature gets tweaked in the future as it would save people a ton of time! Thanks again!

It's hard because of YT changes but we're making it better! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.