• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help End cards - how soon should i start adding end cards?

The New Gardener

Subscriber Goal
New to Youtube and so far have three videos published with a few in the pipeline, my question is how soon should i be including an end cards to the videos?

OP
OP
The New Gardener

The New Gardener

Subscriber Goal
Thanks Damon,

I assumed the purpose of the end card was to link back to other videos, is that correct or should it be used for other items?

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Just use the last 20 seconds. In fact I add 20 seconds of my logo on a black title card to every video so that the end cards don't interrupt the video.
This is a great idea as I get frustrated when videos put up end cards over the content they are showing!

I also agree just put it on the first video and keep it going so that way later when someone watches it the video will already be linking to your content!

Reactions: The New Gardener

kalaspuffar

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
danielpersson.dev
Subscriber Goal
Hi @The New Gardener

If you have some graphical skills I would suggest using a guide like this one to know where to put your elements. Use it as a guide on a background layer in your software and then create graphics around where you want your controls to end up. After that, you will create a 20 seconds video clip with that image at the end of your video.

In premiere that is easily done by just adding an image and changing the default duration for images to 20 seconds.

PS the end image should have the resolution 1920x1080 for 1080p. So depending on your material, this might change. But there is many templates available online if you do a quick search for one.

Hope this helps
Best regards
Daniel

New+End+Card+Template.jpg

Reactions: The New Gardener

Gunjit

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
You will have an option to add it while you are uploading the video or you can just add it from youtube studio