• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Google Adsense

Dmi3Bals

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Ot depends on your goal. Ads are good when you need to achieve a results, for example, to promote a product or to sell product or to make impression, etc. So, I do not figurally connect ads to monetization.

But of course if YouTube is your business you have to account all income/expense. And then there is a question would you invest money in ads before you have profit or not.

Reactions: msaligee

Reviews By You

TubeBuddy Legend
I'm currently spending a fair bit on instream ads (with currently a 32.75% CTR) to promote my new channel and launch video. Seems to be going well but I do have other advertising out there as well so hard to quantify exactly what's producing views and subscribers......

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
This is not a TubeBuddy question. Please check the topic of the section before posting :)

Thread moved to YouTube Discussions.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Stop caring about Google adsense and subscribers. You don't make much money even when you have thousands.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if YouTube silently put restrictions on channels that have used google ads to try and boost subscriber counts for adsense, and part of me thinks it would go against adsense terms of service.
Also, the topic of ads has already been covered here https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/30192/#post-88095

TheHappyKidShow

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
For a kids channel I am not seeing much return on value. I see my impressions are high but the views fall short of what I was hoping for, like 6%. I think because of the bigger channels, I just drown in all of this. Looking to gain trust from users and will continue to create content.

A Scot Living Abroad

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
If your channel isn't monetized yet, is it would it be a good or bad idea spending money on Ads?

It may help with subscribers, likes and comments but the viewing minutes will not count towards you becoming monetized. If you have 1000 watched hours on a video and 960 of them came from ad views, only 40 hours would be counted towards the 4000 monetized target.