• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback What is this thumbnail about?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm currently A/B testing this one. But without telling you ANYTHING about this thumbnail (trying to use no text) what do you think this thumbnail is about? what is it alluding to? Augmented allosaurus2020.jpg

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
A dinosaur searching/looking for something (slightly menacing)because of the eye however not aggressive
Not creeping but walking through the forest
(remember I am looking at this like as a layman) not as a person who is familiar with dinosaurs or your channel. I will now go over there and have a look and laugh at my impression:rolleyes:

#I have had a look at your channel now and have come back to the picture this is the first time I have noticed the pencil!!! So ......ignore my comment.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
To me it says "how to draw a dinosaur with a pencil" or "how to make a dinosaur sketch starting with a pencil".

OP
OP
Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
A dinosaur searching/looking for something (slightly menacing)because of the eye however not aggressive
Not creeping but walking through the forest
(remember I am looking at this like as a layman) not as a person who is familiar with dinosaurs or your channel. I will now go over there and have a look and laugh at my impression:rolleyes:

#I have had a look at your channel now and have come back to the picture this is the first time I have noticed the pencil!!! So ......ignore my comment.
This problem with this thumbnail is the concept I've tried to get across which is tough graphically :p I'm not surprised by your first impressions. I'm A/B testing it at the moment so I'll see if it at least gets clicks :p but it's about drawing dinosaurs INTO real photos. I haven't seen it done too often so thought it would be a cool idea for videos, but very tough to portray as a thumbnail :)

Thanks for the feedback :) I may need to re-introduce SOME text for context after the test :)

To me it says "how to draw a dinosaur with a pencil" or "how to make a dinosaur sketch starting with a pencil".
Close, that's half the story. I was hoping the photo behind, looking like a polaroid photo under the dinosaur, would make it look like I was drawing a dinosaur over a photo. So it's half there :) I may have to find a way of using some text to explain it further maybe. Thaks for the feedback :)

OP
OP
Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I still have 7 cycles left, but the results are looking interesting so far (for those of you who are interested in how A/B works and how it looks during the process of testing)
Screenshot (1477).png

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Well.. as might already know .. I did not read any of the comments. As soon as I looked at the pic, I loved it.

It's about a dinosaur. Looking / searching in he forest. ok . Then there is pencil, so it tells that the creator explains how to make that image in the video.

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws