• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Swearing ... using the F word

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Hey

I'm editing a video - I hardly ever swear

But in the next video I have the F- word... once

Does putting it into the video 'matter'

As it's a 'dramatic' moment - I would want to tease the video with it [have it at the start too]

So would you have that word bleeped out [?]

Or does it not matter?

I am not monitized... I am very new... and haven't had much success - so far on 29 subs...

Is there a policy that means putting a naughty word in a video - will move my whole channel to a different category - or will it make it harder to monitize?

Thanks for any help

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The video below from YouTube explains what happens to monetizations on videos that use inappropriate words in them. In essence, one-time use may not be a big deal depending on the circumstance behind the use of the word, in this case, the F bomb. But they encourage you to either not use it at all or use it as little as possible and even bleep it if possible. But there is still the chance it can get demonetized and while I didn't notice if they mentioned it I believe it can affect who sees the video as well. It could potentially make the algorithm not share your video with potential new viewers. This part I am not entirely sure but I'm going based on some things I've read before.

OP
OP
MaJ

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Thanks so much

Yeah my F-bomb was in the video ONCE, and also in the teaser at the start [so in it TWICE]

Even though I'm a million years from monetisation - I bleeped them both....

So thanks for helping me come to that decision

J x

Reactions: BraveStar

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I never curse on my videos at all. But if there is some cursing going on, I will definitely bleep it out.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't really care all that much about monetization so my video is littered with them :joy:

Sometimes, I'll cut out the audio for some because I feel like I've said too much, but I usually don't do it for every single one. Some videos do get hit with the limited monetization, and some will have limited but then it goes back to green lol. That being said, I'm just one case.