• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2

2thirsty

I'm trying to stream video from my river cam. Everything looks correct. But the URL provided to me is rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2

It points to a video that is scheduled for the year 2014.

What am I doing wrong?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I think you need to change the title of this thread to better reflect the topic of this thread, as the question it'self is interesting because I too have wanted to try and stream from a cam (I gather a river cam is an action cam?) I'm unsure of @Andrew might know anything more about this? If not, this would be a good question to direct towards "LiveStreaming Pros" who helped provide livestream services (via a similar action cam) for vidsummit.

How they did that, I have no idea and would love to know as well.

OP
OP
2thirsty

2thirsty

I was trying to find out what the URL of my live webcam. The YouTube Studio shows an URL rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2
Naturally I think that's the URL of my streaming webcam. But NOOoooo, that would be too easy. What is this rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2? Who cares.
To find the streaming video, go to YouTube and search for the name that I gave the streaming "light house cove river cam" and there it is - even easier!
It was so simple that the videos that show you how to create a streaming video, they don't tell you how to find the URL of the video. This makes a retired engineer go nuts!!!!

kalaspuffar

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
danielpersson.dev
Subscriber Goal
I was trying to find out what the URL of my live webcam. The YouTube Studio shows an URL rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2
Naturally I think that's the URL of my streaming webcam. But NOOoooo, that would be too easy. What is this rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2? Who cares.
To find the streaming video, go to YouTube and search for the name that I gave the streaming "light house cove river cam" and there it is - even easier!
It was so simple that the videos that show you how to create a streaming video, they don't tell you how to find the URL of the video. This makes a retired engineer go nuts!!!!

The RTMP link is used in your streaming software in order to connect to youtube and send your data. If you go to your live page and create a new stream it should give you a new link with a new key. You copy this information over to the streaming software and you are off running.

Some software has built-in functionality to stream to youtube so you only connect your account and then they do the setup for you. The more advanced setup I described first has benefits though because you can set the latency and other parameters for your stream in order to get a good viewer experience.

Hope this helps
Best regards
Daniel

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

KatherineOfSky

I have to admit, it doesn't answer my question... what link do I give people to watch my stream? I can't find it anywhere in YT studio... like the OP, I just see the RTMP link.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
@KatherineOfSky I always share this link (this is out of the YT Mobile Ap).
Screenshot_20200813-091325_YouTube.jpg

KatherineOfSky

@Stanley... omg, thank you so much! That's exactly what I was looking for. I remember clicking on the arrow and seeing so many social networks that I didn't even see the address *right there*! <3