• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Does changing the year to each video improve search ranking?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Does changing the year to each video improve search ranking?

Not really because YouTube can tell when it's uploaded, and if you try to say it was uploaded after that no... HOWEVER, if it's a historic event, and you have footage of that, and people look for that date specifically then it can. HOWEVER, this is not a TubeBuddy question. this is a YouTube one so I moved it to YT discussions. Please read section descriptions before posting or your thread will be deleted. Thank you :)

Reactions: Jonnoi

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I've seen a few creators come under HEAVY critisism for changing the dates in their SEO. I've noticed a lot of audience have called out creators for "manipulating" data and "manipulating audiences" by "faking" dates because they edited dates in titles and tags in the hopes of being searched for in a new year. like I've seen some "how to grow a YouTube channel in 2019" and then the creator changes it to "how to grow a YouTube channel in 2020" in the hopes of boosting rankings via using already established rankings and views.

I'm not sure how I sit on that one personally. It's a morally iffy area for me. I think in that regard, if you want to change a date, you're better off making new contant that's relevant and NEW.

• Love
Reactions: Jonnoi

Jonnoi

Recognized Member
Member of the Month
Subscriber Goal
I've seen a few creators come under HEAVY critisism for changing the dates in their SEO. I've noticed a lot of audience have called out creators for "manipulating" data and "manipulating audiences" by "faking" dates because they edited dates in titles and tags in the hopes of being searched for in a new year. like I've seen some "how to grow a YouTube channel in 2019" and then the creator changes it to "how to grow a YouTube channel in 2020" in the hopes of boosting rankings via using already established rankings and views.

I'm not sure how I sit on that one personally. It's a morally iffy area for me. I think in that regard, if you want to change a date, you're better off making new contant that's relevant and NEW.
I def agree on this because the YouTube policies are changing constantly with New updates. So changing the date in My opinion is misleading and will def damage your reputation.