• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Deleting Videos from YouTube

A Scot Living Abroad

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I had deleted some videos from my channel that had already had views, I wasn't happy with them and decided I didn't want them on my channel.

When I delete them, all the watched hours that's counted to the 4000 monetization requirement was also deleted, this isn't really fair as it should count.

What do people do when you want to remove a video, are you just making it private to save the hours being deducted?

OP
OP
A Scot Living Abroad

A Scot Living Abroad

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yeah will know this for the future, its not something I thought about, as I didn't think I would lose anything from deleting, now I know.

OP
OP
A Scot Living Abroad

A Scot Living Abroad

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Nothing you can do as they deduct them!
Unlisting or privating them also means you loose the hours towards monetization.

"What does ΓÇ£valid public watch hoursΓÇ¥ mean?
Not all watch hours count towards the YouTube Partner Program threshold.

What counts as a valid public watch hour:
  • Watch hours gained from videos youΓÇÖve set public
Watch hours gained through the following types of video do not count towards the YPP threshold:
  • Private videos
  • Unlisted videos
  • Deleted videos
  • TrueView campaigns "

Oh right, thanks for that. So as a beginner if you have a video with a lot of viewed minutes (which I don't anyway at the minute) the you are best just leaving it on the channel.

Good to know for the future.

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
I always try to avoid permanently deleting content. Who knows if I'll need it one day? Unlisted is a great option and if your replacing the video Jeffrey had great advice!

Reactions: Beanie Draws