• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question When should you be worried about not having 100 subscribers?

A Scot Living Abroad

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Generally what is a good timeframe to be getting to 100 subscribers? I have 2 channels, one for cars which got there fairly quickly but after 1 month of my Japan walk about videos, I am at 24 subscribers, I know the two channels are very difference styles and you cant compare but just looking to see what the feeling is on the topic.

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
It could be that your audience is more interested in the car aspect and they are not viewing to see your Japan walkabout however they are 2 different channels. You could look at other you tubers and their walks and see what they are doing differently so you can promote that channel entirely for a different audience ramblers /tourists?
However, on the other hand, just a thought you are obviously are a car fanatic so it does not automatically follow that some of your audience would not be interested in seeing the sights not only as petrol heads but also Japan the country in general. Therefore could this be a case of having one channel with two niches to start with?

The question about subscribers and time frame.....depends on several things, your niche/s, videos going viral, the quality of your subscribers for example whether they are friends and family and just subscribed for a favour or they are more organic and actually enjoy your channel, people coming over from other platforms you have, then logarithms and analytics -all the good stuff TubeBuddy talks about and coming new YouTubers
Shout out to Micheal James- Let's Get Geared Up, that I stumbled across yesterday on this forum on his How to channel with so few subscribers it's just ludicrous... It is a real struggle. who knows, I have found it so hard but I won't give up.

WOW -So beautiful the walk rounds especially the deers , I just had to leave a message and a thumbs up.Have you thought of doing a voice-over on the walks?...at least in some parts, that may be more engaging because the video may appear rather too long to just walk in silence possibly? Or even an introduction or your opinion? In short more engagement with the audience since they are not actually there.
The quality of your filming is fantastic A1++++.

OP
OP
A Scot Living Abroad

A Scot Living Abroad

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi Maire and thank you for the very detailed reply.

I did think about having one channel and the two subjects within the same channel, when I looked to see what others were doing, just seems that the two areas were just too different.

Thanks for your comment on the deer video, it is truly a wonderful place to be, I am glad you mentioned the quality was good as I have been having problem with the quality on some, same gear but different quality. I do plan to add voice-overs, I have started this in my car channel and its about me getting comfortable enough to not ruin the video, with the cars its a little easier because at times the cars talk for themselves. Today I done a walk round of Kansai airport where I talked a lot through it, its not perfect but I guess its somewhere to start and laugh about down the line. Practice makes perfect and if I keep pushing out of my comfort level, then I'm sure I will get there.

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Well I was making nice progress towards that, that was until I hit yet another road block in my YouTube plans, so now I have to play catch up and get my videos uploaded, boy IΓÇÖve got my work cut out but me being me I will get it done, besides, I started my Lamborghini Aventador painting, I gotta finish that!

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Generally what is a good timeframe to be getting to 100 subscribers? I have 2 channels, one for cars which got there fairly quickly but after 1 month of my Japan walk about videos, I am at 24 subscribers, I know the two channels are very difference styles and you cant compare but just looking to see what the feeling is on the topic.
the short answer is NEVER.

the long answer, is people are so wrapped up in subscribers, and not concerned enough about the quality of the content they're putting out.
Admittedly in the past I've asked "what's a good amount of time to get x amount of subscribers" until I realised how rediculous that question is because we all take differant amounts of times to get anything done.
How long did it take you to learn how to drive a car? How long did it take you to make friends? some things take longer than others.

Focus on the content first, and don't care about the subscriber count. 100 subscribers is a great goal to aim for, but it shouldn't keep you up at night wondering what a good timeframe is. You'll get there when you get there :)

Reactions: MarkRMonaco

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

the long answer, is people are so wrapped up in subscribers, and not concerned enough about the quality of the content they're putting out.
Admittedly in the past I've asked "what's a good amount of time to get x amount of subscribers" until I realised how rediculous that question is because we all take differant amounts of times to get anything done.
How long did it take you to learn how to drive a car? How long did it take you to make friends? some things take longer than others.

Focus on the content first, and don't care about the subscriber count. 100 subscribers is a great goal to aim for, but it shouldn't keep you up at night wondering what a good timeframe is. You'll get there when you get there :)
Well said, even though I ran into an unexpected delay, I just kept thinking ΓÇÿis subscriber numbers really so important that I have to break sweat to get themΓÇÖ? For me, absolutely not, I need to give my little girl the attention she needs at this stage of her life, an make sure sheΓÇÖs in a safe and comfortable environment, and if IΓÇÖm losing subscribers because of this, it doesnΓÇÖt bother me, my girl is first, and when sheΓÇÖs napping I can then continue content creating, provided the house work is done, in fact IΓÇÖve been focusing less on sub numbers lately and more on other ideas, and improving my video quality.

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal

This is incredible advice.

Make quality content, use call to actions, provide value consistently. Subscribers will come eventually.

It took me MONTHS to get to 100 subs and then I sat at 120 for MONTHS. My content was ok but looking back, I don't think I had enough videos to entice viewers into subscribers. Maybe you need to put a few more up over the next few months? Once you start moving, though, you'll be surprised at how quickly things change. Many YouTubers give up when they don't get success within the first year and will just quit, which is often the time when you're starting to build up viewers. This was always meant to be a hobby for me, so I'm just trying to be as patient as possible and see where we end up! Good luck with the channels!!!

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

TanookiAlex

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
100 subscribers in my first year took me a year to get, and then i kinda spiked because i improved Subscribers should be focused on but a lot of people get disappointed with themselves. i personally think you should set goals on youtube, but a lot of people push themselves too hard on this platform. I'd rather someone be patient and focus on the quality and recognition through search engine optimization through patience then just focus on reaching numbers.. they all fade away after time

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I would say 6 months give or take, but in all reality subscriber counts mean absolutely nothing. If you are good at what you do your number of subscribers means very little (until you have enough to make a living from their views alone).

Reactions: Damon and Ikerot