• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

I am having trouble with my channel art

LilFrecklesGaming

Subscriber Goal
Hi everyone, just as the title says, I am having trouble with my channel art. Now I know that the size has to be 2560x1440 px (correct me if I am wrong), but when I go to upload it, most of it is cut off.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it fit properly? Or what tools does everyone use to make your channel art? I am currently using Crello.

Thank you! :)

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Seems this is about channel art I've moved this to YouTube Thumbnail Art & Photography.

How are you viewing your channel banner? If it's on mobile, then it will cut off the sides because that's how mobile crops compared to desktop.

Can you share a thumbnail of what you're seeing and how the original upload looks?

OP
OP
L

LilFrecklesGaming

Subscriber Goal
Seems this is about channel art I've moved this to YouTube Thumbnail Art & Photography.

How are you viewing your channel banner? If it's on mobile, then it will cut off the sides because that's how mobile crops compared to desktop.

Can you share a thumbnail of what you're seeing and how the original upload looks?

Thank you, I'll remember that for next time!

I am currently viewing it on my desktop. The first image is the channel art itself and the second is what I am seeing once I upload it.
sasdada.png

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Ahhh I see the issue! The problem is you've got the "size" for the entire template, but haven't seen how the template works for differant screen sizes.
The 2560x1440 is how it will appear on smart tv's, but the MAIN area you want to focus on is the 423 pixel height. Unless you're watching on a smart television, the 2560 height will get cropped off on mobile and desktop as you've now seen.
Blank-YouTube-Banner-Template-PSD.jpg

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Your banner DOES look fantastic for tv, so I think just move your main character down a little, maybe shrink her jsut a little bit, and yes, the top and bottom will be cropped on desktop, but it will still look amazing on TV as well :)

I'd also move your schedual to the black bar, align it with the L, and make it white, or maybe yellow to compliment the yellow bar to the left.

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Ahhh I see the issue! The problem is you've got the "size" for the entire template, but haven't seen how the template works for differant screen sizes.
The 2560x1440 is how it will appear on smart tv's, but the MAIN area you want to focus on is the 423 pixel height. Unless you're watching on a smart television, the 2560 height will get cropped off on mobile and desktop as you've now seen.
View attachment 6229
I am on these forum for only 10days and I have observed this question often . So, just suggesting .. maybe pin this or add it in FAQ? (note: I have not checked anywhere if it is already pinned)

Reactions: Beanie Draws