• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered YouTube seo optimization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarot et Intuition

TubeBuddy Pro
www.tarot-et-intuition.fr
Subscriber Goal
This video is how you can optimize a video with TubeBuddy:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzoLKuKaO8Q

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your answer but... I was a complete newbie on Youtube, my channel is one-month old and from the beggining I used TubeBuddy.

At first, it seemed to work great, with constant and steady growth. But all of the sudden, the traffic/subscribers/views dropped down and I don't understand why. All the "TubeBuddy features" look green and I have 100% scores :(

I watched many of your videos but I just don't get hit :(

Thanks for any help.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your answer but... I was a complete newbie on Youtube, my channel is one-month old and from the beggining I used TubeBuddy.

At first, it seemed to work great, with constant and steady growth. But all of the sudden, the traffic/subscribers/views dropped down and I don't understand why. All the "TubeBuddy features" look green and I have 100% scores :(

I watched many of your videos but I just don't get hit :(

Thanks for any help.
watch the videos a few times. It sometimes takes a bit of time to understand and learn. I've been on YouTube for 5 years and only just starting to understand. SEO is a big topic of new beginning learners, so keep watching the videos on repeat and you'll start to understand the concepts

Tarot et Intuition

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
watch the videos a few times. It sometimes takes a bit of time to understand and learn. I've been on YouTube for 5 years and only just starting to understand. SEO is a big topic of new beginning learners, so keep watching the videos on repeat and you'll start to understand the concepts

Hi Beanie,

Thanks for your return :)

I'm a newbie on YouTube but not on Internet (I ran several Wordpress blogs with good PR at the time), thus I have so good konwledge in SEO.

It's just that I don't understand how I can have 85% or 100% SEO scores with TubeBuddy and such poor rankings and worse : the traffic was progressing and it complelely dropped down.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi Beanie,

Thanks for your return :)

I'm a newbie on YouTube but not on Internet (I ran several Wordpress blogs with good PR at the time), thus I have so good konwledge in SEO.

It's just that I don't understand how I can have 85% or 100% SEO scores with TubeBuddy and such poor rankings and worse : the traffic was progressing and it complelely dropped down.
YouTube works differantly to Wordpress blogs. And I can tell you, thumbnails play a part in ranking. The SEO scores show how you will show up, but if your thumbnails aren't clickable (look into your CTR and impressions) that's going to impact how much traffic you get. SEO simply get's your thumbnail and title shown to people, it's up to them if they click, and SEO isn't all that it takes to click on something, it's also thumbnails.

Reactions: Tarot et Intuition

Tarot et Intuition

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
YouTube works differantly to Wordpress blogs. And I can tell you, thumbnails play a part in ranking. The SEO scores show how you will show up, but if your thumbnails aren't clickable (look into your CTR and impressions) that's going to impact how much traffic you get. SEO simply get's your thumbnail and title shown to people, it's up to them if they click, and SEO isn't all that it takes to click on something, it's also thumbnails.

I also did research on thumbnails for my niche (it had to be bright and colourful and repetitive). And in fact, it worked great at the beginning.

Tarot et Intuition

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
but what's the CTR and impressions data. Research doesn't always equate to results. do you have a screenshot of your CTR and impressions data on YouTube?

It seemed to be ok at the beginning and then the analytics dropped for this part too.

CTR.png

Impressions.png

Attachments

• CTR.png
    CTR.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 151

Tarot et Intuition

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
but what's the CTR and impressions data. Research doesn't always equate to results. do you have a screenshot of your CTR and impressions data on YouTube?
I was almost up to 18% and now about 5%

Looks pretty normal (and very nice stats might I say) to me, but I'm definitely no expert, so what I think looks good, maybe it's not, but personally I wouldn't be upset with those stats.
Really?

Isn't it weird to have the views dropping like that for no reason?

Vues.png

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I was almost up to 18% and now about 5%
I've heard repeatedly that the better a video performs, the lower the ctr will get and that's apparentlly quite normal. YouTube pushes new videos, and then it tapers off. It looks pretty normal.

From what I understand from what I've learned the last few months, you've had 57,000 impressions, meaning 57,000 people were shown the thumbnail. and overall, 7.4% of people who saw the thumbnail and title decided the topic/title/thumbnail was worthy of clicking, so your SEO is working. And CTR changes daily. I've seen my thumbnails get as low as 3% on one day, and 20% on another day, it's very fluid, so give it more time and see how it goes (I'm still studying and learning all this)

Tarot et Intuition

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I've heard repeatedly that the better a video performs, the lower the ctr will get and that's apparentlly quite normal. YouTube pushes new videos, and then it tapers off. It looks pretty normal.

From what I understand from what I've learned the last few months, you've had 57,000 impressions, meaning 57,000 people were shown the thumbnail. and overall, 7.4% of people who saw the thumbnail and title decided the topic/title/thumbnail was worthy of clicking, so your SEO is working. And CTR changes daily. I've seen my thumbnails get as low as 3% on one day, and 20% on another day, it's very fluid, so give it more time and see how it goes (I'm still studying and learning all this)

Ok. Thank you very much Beanie for all the precisions and the time you dedicated to my issues.
That's very kind of you.

Reactions: Beanie Draws

originalraith

TubeBuddy Pro
Hi Original Raith,

Thanks for the reply. Is there a thread in the forum with those kinds of analytics?
(how many videos on average for 1 000 subscribers, how many videos on average for 10k subscribers, etc. ?)
Unfortunately these sorts of statistics are different and unique for different channels ie Brian in that video showed that a channel with 18mill subs had 19mill views.
for me I have 1.2k subs and some videos are now hitting 4k views
and this is normal
I am here to help
Raith

Reactions: Tarot et Intuition

sonnychatrath

www.sonnychatrath.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi Andrew. Thanks for the informative video. I have a question. If I have a channel about a certain topic/theme, do all my videos have to follow the same theme? Should I keep the main keyword in mind while adding tags and descriptions for every video, or should I add a different tag/description for each video?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi Andrew. Thanks for the informative video. I have a question. If I have a channel about a certain topic/theme, do all my videos have to follow the same theme? Should I keep the main keyword in mind while adding tags and descriptions for every video, or should I add a different tag/description for each video?

Yes this is the core basics of keyword research.

Reactions: KOTW
Status
Not open for further replies.