• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion Premier or not premier?

Dmi3Bals

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi there!

I need your opinion on the topic - should we use premiers or not?

Pros:
- Saves time
- Scheduling
- Shapes solid approach

Cons:
- Everybody knows your next video and can investigate the topic before
- Hard to select the best time
- ?

What is your opinion and strategy?

kalaspuffar

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
danielpersson.dev
Subscriber Goal
Hi @Dmi3Bals

I think you are focusing on the wrong highlights.

I would say:

Pros:
- Creates hype for subscribers
- Easy to engage when it goes live
- Community building

You can schedule videos without making them premiers, but if you set them as premiers, you can be there when your subscribers watch and engage in chat.

Hope this helps
Best regards
Daniel

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I agree with @kalaspuffar . The Pro's highlighted are wrong:

1.You can live chat with your audience and engage them throughout the video.
2.The Video starts with High Audience Retention. Lot of Engagement will be seen at the starting hours making probability to Youtube to recommend your Video more.
3.Bond with your audience.
4.Probability of audience creating time to watch your videos ( provided video thumbnail and title is attracting and it is Scheduled Premiere).

and regarding Best time .. YouTube Analysis shows the Active time of your Viewers. You may use it and Schedule accordingly.

My opinion is not to make every video a Premiere but do Premiere once in a while (in my case, I do for some special or different videos).

You may experiment and observe your Analytics and follow what works best in your case.

OP
OP
Dmi3Bals

Dmi3Bals

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi @Dmi3Bals

I would say:

Pros:
- Community building

You can schedule videos without making them premiers, but if you set them as premiers, you can be there when your subscribers watch and engage in chat.

Hope this helps
Best regards
Daniel
Hi! Thank you for the answer and comments about subscribers engagement.

2.The Video starts with High Audience Retention. Lot of Engagement will be seen at the starting hours making probability to Youtube to recommend your Video more.
4.Probability of audience creating time to watch your videos ( provided video thumbnail and title is attracting and it is Scheduled Premiere).

and regarding Best time .. YouTube Analysis shows the Active time of your Viewers. You may use it and Schedule accordingly.

My opinion is not to make every video a Premiere but do Premiere once in a while (in my case, I do for some special or different videos).

You may experiment and observe your Analytics and follow what works best in your case.
Thank a lot ! I will check analytics for more precise scheduling next time.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi @Dmi3Bals

I would say:

Pros:
- Community building

Hope this helps
Best regards
Daniel

Pros
- You can interact directly with multiple people at the same time, maybe even get non subscribers who ended up watching, to subscribe. (though you mentioned this with two of your pros
- You can accept superchats, making extra money

Cons
- If someone comes in late, they miss out a portion of the video. Audience really need to watch from the beginning or they miss half the story and vital parts.
- If a premiere is scheduled too far in advance, you could get multiple dislikes from impatiant viewers who don't want to wait for the premiere to start. People tend to want to watch a video straight away (but can be treated like an upcoming live, so not the end of the world)
- If someone comes in late... you miss out on potential watch time, that a regular upload would capture watch time from the very beginning, so from launch it gets half the watch time, launching it to a poor start
- You don't know how long the premiere is. It could be 3 minutes, it could be 3 hours... you have no idea how much time you need to invest.
- You can't pause (I don't think?) which is the nature of live, but again, for a video based on story or instructional, you could miss out on information.

I'm not sold on premieres. Maybe I need to experiment a bit more with them, but very few creators are really using them anymore.

Reactions: Dmi3Bals

TanookiAlex

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
With premieres at first it usually got way less engagement for me, a lot of people just find it looking like a live which is to my theory as to why they wouldn't click on it??
usually only big uploads i premiere because i like to think of it as a "movie presentation"
i'd advise against premieres for normal videos

Reactions: Dmi3Bals

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
With premieres at first it usually got way less engagement for me, a lot of people just find it looking like a live which is to my theory as to why they wouldn't click on it??
usually only big uploads i premiere because i like to think of it as a "movie presentation"
i'd advise against premieres for normal videos
Usually the bigger players do premier and they have good engagement with their subs, but itΓÇÖs not something IΓÇÖd just cast off into the too hard bucket, I plan on doing such a thing later.

OP
OP
Dmi3Bals

Dmi3Bals

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I use premier for the fifth video straight and what I can see it is that amount of people watching premier is increasing. Will continue to observe.

Harpyjessy

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

Thank you. What do you think about Premier durinb Q and A section ?

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thank you. What do you think about Premier durinb Q and A section ?

Well it depends on your audience and you . If you have not tried it , I recommend you to try once.

If it gets good response and is beneficial to you , then great or if you think you need larger audience , then also ok.

You never know until you try.

Small Advice:
If are eligible to post community posts, then ask for questions over there. Tell them that their questions will be answered at 8pm or whatever convenient time. Schedule a Premiere. Interact with them and ask for their reactions , etc.

Try and see if it works for it.

At the end , it is important to understand if it works for you or not ... or what changes are to be made to make it work for you. That's it. ! Hope it's helpful.