• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice YouTube Gaming Question!

LilFrecklesGaming

Subscriber Goal
As I am waiting for today's video to finish rendering, I was thinking of possible ways to help get more traction with my channel. As of right now, I am focusing on one gameplay series - Subnautica. Now, when I first started my channel about 2 months ago, I knew I wanted to do survival and horror games. So naturally I started with what I found to be more entertaining which is of course the horror games. However! Because I am focusing so much on one series at the moment, I feel like I am ignoring those who came and subscribed to my channel for the horror aspect of it.

So here is my question: Is it okay to have multiple series going at once? Will that bring more engagement to have a survival and horror game series going at the same time? Or is it too much?
Pros and Cons?

Thank you guys!

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I believe that it is ok to have multiple going on at once, I've seen other channels do that successfully. But I believe that the key is to 'multiply efficiency.' Meaning you will need to bear the burden of doubling your efficiency for your audience. If you do Subnautica videos Mondays and Thursdays now then you should continue with that and have The Forest Fridays or Green Hell Wednesdays etc. The idea being that you do not change your schedule for what you are already doing, you add to it for the wider audience.

Reactions: LilFrecklesGaming
OP
OP
L

LilFrecklesGaming

Subscriber Goal
I believe that it is ok to have multiple going on at once, I've seen other channels do that successfully. But I believe that the key is to 'multiply efficiency.' Meaning you will need to bear the burden of doubling your efficiency for your audience. If you do Subnautica videos Mondays and Thursdays now then you should continue with that and have The Forest Fridays or Green Hell Wednesdays etc. The idea being that you do not change your schedule for what you are already doing, you add to it for the wider audience.

Perfect! Thank you!! I think I'll stick to Subnautica Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Then find a game to play on Tuesday and Thursday. :D

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
There you go!

As an aside I got into YouTube watching a gentleman by the name of Krojak play The Forest... still a huge fan to this day. It's a bit of a cult classic these days with a continued following, but they are going to be releasing a sequel soon. I suspect that starting the original The Forest (if you enjoy it) may be a good segway into the sequel, which is likely going to be a good trending topic to have content on in the near future.

originalraith

TubeBuddy Pro
Let me break it down for you?
It is fine to do this because you can make playlists for each series yes. but your subscribers dictate you viewership, if your videos can be watched over and over, its a win win... but if its not then why do it?.
So what's more important to grow? what is your goal?
hope this gives you a big insight :)
regards

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The key to being a YouTube gamer is to get viewers to come to see you more than anything. I, for example, enjoy PUBg and thus watch a lot of PUBg gameplay. But I have a particular set of channels I watch not just because they play the game but also because I enjoy the YouTuber's style of interacting with the game and the viewers. Some are funny, others are educational. It's why sometimes I can watch them play other games from time to time.

Just make sure you focus on you being the main focus of your videos. Whether it's your funny jokes, your witty comebacks, raging anger or your amazing ability to talk to your viewers while you play, just be sure to wow them with your personality and of course give them some good gameplay (win or lose) and you can make any video work for you.