• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question I'm not receiving notifications when someone has subscribed.

Immortal Explorer

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi

For the last two days I have not been receiving a notification when someone subscribes to my channel.

Any idea why this would be?

Thnaks

Alex

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
YouTube notifications have been rather buggy for me as well
Yeah, I keep getting notifications, but it doesn't actually show what it is when I click on it.

For the last two days I have not been receiving a notification when someone subscribes to my channel.
Could be that there wasn't anybody who subscribed or the people who did subscribe have their subscription private.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
YouTube notifications have always been buggy. BUT, unless you KNOW those new subscribers have their settings to "make my subscriptions public" if they have their subscriptions set to private (as mine are) you WONT get notifications when those people subscribe, only the people who set theirs to public.

That being said, I've had roughly 50 new subscribers in the last week, but I've only had email notification for about 5-6 of those subscribers. So there's definitely SOMETHING going on.

But Notifications have been buggy for years despite YouTube saying the notification bug has been fixed.

xPedro98

This is normal. People must have enabled the public registration option.

Now the problem is really with the comments! I'm not getting people's comments and I have to check every two hours. I also noticed that the comments are just from my video and appear hours later something crazy.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This is normal. People must have enabled the public registration option.

Now the problem is really with the comments! I'm not getting people's comments and I have to check every two hours. I also noticed that the comments are just from my video and appear hours later something crazy.
Yeah, the replies to our replies doesn't actually show up in the comment section of studio which is really annoying. Defeats the purpose of asking a commenter a question like "what was your favourite part of the video?" they reply and unless you actually see the notification, it doesn't show up in comments anymore. They really should make replies to a comment mark comments that were read, as not yet read. Would make interactions a lot easier on YouTube.

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

Wildlife with LUKE

Only people that have set their subscriptions public will appear in your notification or messages. When you first create a channel this is set to private, but you can change it whenever you want.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yup, get used to this. YT notifications are just a little buggy all the way around. Been that way for a while.