• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Qualifying for revenue?

Reviews By You

TubeBuddy Legend
Imagine a scenario where a new channel (that is eligible and has applied for monetisation) released a video and within days got over 1000 subscribers and over 4000 watch hours.
If it then took YouTube 4 weeks to approve monetisation does anyone know if the channel would be paid from:

a) the moment the 4000 hours / 1000 subscribers barrier was broken?

or

b) the moment YouTube got round to approving?

Another way to look at a probably more realistic scenario is when channels where monetised was there a noticeable lag between eligibility and actual payment periods.

The reason I'm asking is I'm wondering if a video that goes viral on a new channel is profitable or whether it's more profitable on an already established channel.

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
I would guess

There won't be adverts on your channel until they agree to monitize you

So no ads, nothing coming in, so it will only be from when they monitize/put ads on your videos

OP
OP
Reviews By You

Reviews By You

TubeBuddy Legend
I would guess

There won't be adverts on your channel until they agree to monitize you

So no ads, nothing coming in, so it will only be from when they monitize/put ads on your videos

That's a very good point..... I wonder if they pull their finger out (deal with it quicker) if they see a new channel going 'crazy'.......

Travel Interesante

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Correct, I just got monetized myself and my understanding is that I won't be making any money on my views prior to being accepted into the partner program as I was unable to run ads on those videos prior to that.

As a note, I was approved in roughly 24 hours by Youtube and another friend of ours was recently approved in 4-5 days. I did not even need to formally apply, Youtube put us under review as soon as we crossed our last threshold of watch hours. We did have our adsense account set up already though which may have helped move things quickly.

So even with all the current global events, they seem to be approving people for the partner program relatively quickly.

OP
OP
Reviews By You

Reviews By You

TubeBuddy Legend
Correct, I just got monetized myself and my understanding is that I won't be making any money on my views prior to being accepted into the partner program as I was unable to run ads on those videos prior to that.

As a note, I was approved in roughly 24 hours by Youtube and another friend of ours was recently approved in 4-5 days. I did not even need to formally apply, Youtube put us under review as soon as we crossed our last threshold of watch hours. We did have our adsense account set up already though which may have helped move things quickly.

So even with all the current global events, they seem to be approving people for the partner program relatively quickly.

Good to hear and thanks for the reply. Good luck with your channel.

Reactions: Travel Interesante

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
You begin earning money when the ads start rolling after being approved.