• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Embed videos views count or not?

I've subscribed with Tubebuddy to help my channel grow but i've noticed that embed videos in forums don't count as views in Youtube.
Obviously this is not an issue of Tubebuddy but i would like to understand if there is a solution.
Embed videos in forums are nowadays commonplace

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
If your video was uploaded to YouTube and that link is used to play the video on another platform you should get credit for the view. It is an external source of traffic and should register.

scottkoz20

TubeBuddy Pro
If your video was uploaded to YouTube and that link is used to play the video on another platform you should get credit for the view. It is an external source of traffic and should register.

This would include on forums that will load the video and play it back without leaving that forum, correct?

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
This might be slightly different in forums, but Derral was saying in one of his recent videos that sometimes when people watch your videos on Facebook it doesn't count. He did some research on this and suggested leaving links to your channel rather than links to the video - this way they have to view on YouTube and the views should count.

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I didnt think FB allowed posting on platform vids... i dont do FB so i cant say from experience on that.
@Hockey Thoughts by Scott that is correct

scottkoz20

TubeBuddy Pro
I didnt think FB allowed posting on platform vids... i dont do FB so i cant say from experience on that.

that is why the videos we produced on my old site never registered as being viewed - my old site had over 1000 subs but most videos had less than 20 views registered

Thank you

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This is an interesting question because I've heard 2 wildly differant views

1) views outside of YouTube specifically don't count towards overall views because YouTube want you to be watching videos ON platform"
2) views anywhere count which is why getting people to watch your videos on reddit and outside vlogs can help get your video gain a lot more views"

I suspect the real answer is somwhere between the two.

Last I heard (YEARS ago via Owen Video) is that Facebook and YouTube hate each other, so YouTube videos on Facebook don't count, and that posting videos on facebook via YouTube will crop them strangely, so it's better to post the thumbnail graphic as the post, and replying with the URL seperate, which also helps take people OFF facebook, and funnels them into your channel.

But this was around 2018, so it may be differant now.

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Makes perfect sense @Beanie Draws but i have a weird question about that... again i dont do FB but in the breakdown of my external traffic i do show views from Facebook. Might not be high quality and i know FB and YT dont like each other, but there are FB views.

Also in reference to forum traffic i post to multiple forums immediately after publishing and that reflects a substantial flow of traffic for the first 48 hours.