• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Facebook Let's talk Facebook

LilFrecklesGaming

Subscriber Goal
Hi everyone! I have been debating about utilizing Facebook to help promote my channel and hopefully bring in some more traffic. I would like to start a Facebook Page, but I have been on the fence about it.

What is everyone's thoughts on using Facebook?

Reactions: AEONIAN GAMING

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I'll be honest. I deleted my FB account over a year ago because the main part of FB, the "friends" part was a pool of rotting water. And I say that with honesty considering everyone I followed was either a family member or someone I went to school with. I never got a chance to put my FB page for my YT channel to good use so I have zero experience with it. I guess I could always create a new account with the sole purpose of using the FB page for my channel and nothing more. But I currently have a disdain for FB itself because of recent events I don't wish to touch on in this post. So I'm left with seeking other sources for new potential viewers.

• Love
Reactions: Yoni Arousement

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Well, I started to use Facebook because of Youtube. I created a page. I post my Videos regularly there and interact regularly with other such groups / posts.

I gained good traffic from it. As per my personal experience , it benefited me.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Really? I have a dummy account I made for FB, but that hasn't been banned or disabled :thinking:
I have a dummy account (Which I haven't looked at in years) that hasn't been banned, BUT I have a few friends from the goth scene who don't like using their birth names, so they've changed their facebook names to one's they prefer, and with the nature of Facebook being killjoys, "friends" would report their name for being fake, and facebook temporarily banned their account, and they could only re-claim their account after providing a scan of a birth certificat/other formal ID with I'm strongly against.

Facebook is the only platform I'm aware of that REQUIRES real birth names which I'm strongly against. People should be allowed their privacy.

Banning because of "false" information has happened, which is why me and some old friends of mine are against Facebook now. I would say that's my MAIN gripe with the platform and why I've hated the platform for the last 5 years.

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I have had a Facebook page for my business before now but had to create another one for my YouTube channel. Facebook has been so helpful since the inception of my channel. I share my videos there.

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have a personal Facebook account that I use occasionally, but nowhere near as much as I did 5 years ago, instead of following family and friends now, it's mostly Facebook groups and I don't like the layout after the recent update. I also have a Facebook page that I use to help promote my YouTube videos but I haven't put much on there in months, now that things are picking up again I will try and be more active on there. I think a page is better than an account because people follow a page if they like the content, rather than a personal account where your friends may not care about your YouTube channel.

Last year I spent £3 on Facebook ads promoting my latest video over 3 days (£1 per day). It was useful being able to target quite specific people - mainly those who like the Facebook page of the place I was visiting - and I got quite a few hits from those ads and it cost less than a cup of coffee. I would do ads again, probably just £1 a day for a few days, but not more than I could afford to lose.

Jeffrey Powers

TubeBuddy Legend
geekazine.com
Don't think of creating Facebook to "Promoting YouTube". Facebook should be it's own entity to grow community. Yes, you can cross-promote, but people don't want to join a FB group to get spemmed to go to YouTube.

Give it a slightly different flair, and people will participate. FB only content helps.

And also join some vertical FB pages, not to promote your page, but participate. People will then take the path to your content.

Reactions: AussieBangerz

AussieBangerz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I have a Facebook group.
Not fully focused on promoting my YouTube channel but as a little community group to share stories, pictures, etc relative to my genre..
Only 400 members but it's a good little community and I'm sure it has helped my channel in a way, but it wasn't fully intended for that..

It's good to see people that regularly comment on your videos interact in the Facebook group.
I guess it's helped me create more "loyal" subscribers..

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
i have a facebook page and group but i don't think everyone's subscribed to the channel :p
The thing about social media, is some will only want to follow you on some platforms. Not everyone is interested in YouTube, some might only want to follow you on facebook, some might only be interested in twitter as a social media platform and not want to go anywhere else. Provide valume on the platforms of your choice and provide value to whoever decides to follow you along there :) you can leave reminders on those platforms of your social links, and it's them up to your audience if they decide to follow those other platforms.