• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback My Thumbnails are getting cut off

Nikki

Hi guys I'm new to using YouTube and I'm using Canva to create thumbnails for my work YouTube Channel. The issue is that the thumbnail seems to be getting cut off when my boss views it. The sides of the thumbnail are cut. Does anyone know how to fix this? Please let me know if you do.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
They appear fine on my desktop. How is your boss viewing them? If you sent your boss a link via say, facebook, that will display in a square format and will cut out the sides. Also, sometimes when viewing a series of thumbnails in an end screen once the video is done, those thumbnails will be slightly off. but they appear to be widescreen on your page. Unless you mean there's meant to be even more image to the right?

UNLESS you're talking about your YouTube BANNER. In which case, if it's viewed on mobile, it WILL cut off some of the sides as that's just how YouTube crops it for mobile devices, in which case you need to design the banner to fit your important elements that you don't want cut off in mobile, closer to the middle.

But if it's just thumbnails, they look fine and it's probably the fact you're sharing videos through social media which will sometimes display in square format rather than the regular youtube thumbnail format. That's just how it goes and I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Reactions: Nikki
OP
OP
Nikki

Nikki

Hi, thank you very much for replying I think he is viewing the thumbnails in his Gmail, email account. The email was sent via MailChimp. Maybe it is a MailChimp setting? Anyways thanks again. Hope you have a good day further.