• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Other YouTube features

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Hey,

I was happy to see a good number of views on a video

On looking at analytics I noticed that 70%+ of them were categorised as "Other YouTube features"

I was disappointed to read that means [often] "are typically internal views more likely from the Channel owner while posting the videos"

Now I know they are 100% not me

But I was hoping the views were from listing/ranking/searches - as they are more likely to continue

Any idea of where these views could be coming from [?]

As it's not myself, or anyone I know...

I was so hoping they were 'real' views - as I wanted the trend to continue...

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey,

I was happy to see a good number of views on a video

On looking at analytics I noticed that 70%+ of them were categorised as "Other YouTube features"

I was disappointed to read that means [often] "are typically internal views more likely from the Channel owner while posting the videos"

Now I know they are 100% not me

But I was hoping the views were from listing/ranking/searches - as they are more likely to continue

Any idea of where these views could be coming from [?]

As it's not myself, or anyone I know...

I was so hoping they were 'real' views - as I wanted the trend to continue...

Other can mean that at the moment YT doesn't have enough data to classify it, or it was another source they don't immediately know. Did you share it somewhere? Or was this the first time it happened? :)

Reactions: Beanie Draws
OP
OP
MaJ

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Well I did the usual shares reddit, twitter, facebook

Those are what I always do

The number of views is a lot more than normal (at this stage)

Thanks

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Other can mean that at the moment YT doesn't have enough data to classify it, or it was another source they don't immediately know. Did you share it somewhere? Or was this the first time it happened? :)
This sounds about right. If you share it, I don't thinkt hat would come under "Other YouTube Features" but instead "external" then again, if the videos are shared DIRECTLY from youtube to the external websites, I guess that would fall under "other" youtube features.

I know they used to say that view discrepencies would happen for up to 48 hours as they "validated" views, so part of me thinks that "other" YouTube features would indeed be a placeholder while they clasify the data. So I suspect this is the one.