• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review What can I do to make the video better?

belleh

Subscriber Goal
User name: belleh
Title of thread: What can I do to make the video better?
Self review: I tried making a music playlist and I think for a beginner I did okay BUT I should have faded each music to make it flow coherently. And I should have added the full songs instead of a snippet but then again that was what I was going for.
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/wDu_XNNWCrc

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/28889/post-86725

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I was going to complain about about the length of the video until I realised this is meant to be a playlist.
You're going to have MAJOR issues with this video, unless you own the rights to each song which I doubt you do, which means you're going to face copyright claims from the original music owners, and having copyright claims will harm your potential future for being monetisable, as if you have ΓÇ£too many copyright claimsΓÇ¥ YouTube will never monetise you even if you have the require sub and watch time.

As to the video. I agree with you, you should have faded the music better to let transitions work better, and I'd either have the FULL song or a shorter click.

To that end, if you're going to risk copyright, you may as well have a snippet of the original music video for each song (if they have one) as it will be more interesting to watch from sample standpoint.

Morally, I don't see the video as a huge issue. It will be an issue for you in terms of copyright, but many people love sharing music that they enjoy in a sample format, so that's where lists and top 10's work well, but in this case, you might struggle to get any views, because unless it's a full song, people aren't likely to listen to it in the background.

OP
OP
belleh

belleh

Subscriber Goal
I was going to complain about about the length of the video until I realised this is meant to be a playlist.
You're going to have MAJOR issues with this video, unless you own the rights to each song which I doubt you do, which means you're going to face copyright claims from the original music owners, and having copyright claims will harm your potential future for being monetisable, as if you have ΓÇ£too many copyright claimsΓÇ¥ YouTube will never monetise you even if you have the require sub and watch time.

As to the video. I agree with you, you should have faded the music better to let transitions work better, and I'd either have the FULL song or a shorter click.

To that end, if you're going to risk copyright, you may as well have a snippet of the original music video for each song (if they have one) as it will be more interesting to watch from sample standpoint.

Morally, I don't see the video as a huge issue. It will be an issue for you in terms of copyright, but many people love sharing music that they enjoy in a sample format, so that's where lists and top 10's work well, but in this case, you might struggle to get any views, because unless it's a full song, people aren't likely to listen to it in the background.
I 100% agree with every comment you made. Thank you for your honest feedback.

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws

StoryBehindDahMusic

My thing is, it is too long. Unless, I'll put it on and let it play on its own, which then is perfectly fine. Also the way the next song starts it disturbing, would have been nice if the songs faded in or some other way.

Reactions: belleh

Reviews By You

TubeBuddy Legend
I agree completely about the length and the copyright issues. Wasn't a fan of the video styles but thought that if you sort out the copyright, make the video shorter, possibly break it up into "chunks" on different videos and maybe create a playlist out of it that might work better. Good luck.

Reactions: belleh

omarortiz

I agree, it's quite too long. Unless somebody wants to play this as a background music while their doing other things. Are you aiming for more watch hours?

OP
OP
belleh

belleh

Subscriber Goal
I agree, it's quite too long. Unless somebody wants to play this as a background music while their doing other things. Are you aiming for more watch hours?
I usually listen to kpop playlist this long so I thought to make one since I'm a fan of them.