• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion Are you planning to monetize your channel?

Josh Tan

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
In the beginning when i started youtube. I did for fun like I mentioned but people told me that my channel look too professionally made. After sometime I realize that I deserve it for the hard work.

• Wow
Reactions: SHALINI TAHILIANI

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
In the beginning when i started youtube. I did for fun like I mentioned but people told me that my channel look too professionally made. After sometime I realize that I deserve it for the hard work.
For me, my short term plan is to just have fun and create great content and just get it on my channel without worrying about the numbers, but long term I intend on becoming monetized once everything is in place, working towards becoming a full time YouTuber some time in the future, or at least work towards getting as close as I can to that kind of goal, thatΓÇÖs it really.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
If it happens on my alt channel, then it happens. Even if my video's monetized, it's not like I'll get a lot out of it. I've gotten more out of my Amazon affiliate.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Well, I have one channel that's already monetised, and another channel that isn't.
The other channel I don't really care if it gets monetised because it's just for fun.
My main channel, it took about a year or 2 before I could even figure out how to get Adsense linked up, so monetisation wasn't that big of a priority for me. At the end of the day I was more interested in sharing my art, than making money from it.

• Love
Reactions: Josh Tan

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Well, I have one channel that's already monetised, and another channel that isn't.
The other channel I don't really care if it gets monetised because it's just for fun.
My main channel, it took about a year or 2 before I could even figure out how to get Adsense linked up, so monetisation wasn't that big of a priority for me. At the end of the day I was more interested in sharing my art, than making money from it.
IΓÇÖm of the same thoughts, just more interested in sharing my work for all to see, and IΓÇÖve heard many times that becoming monetized isnΓÇÖt as glamorous as some creators make it out as, IΓÇÖd probably make more selling my work than anything a monetized channel would, unless of course I had the millions of views, and is DamoΓÇÖs Paintings gonna get that? Maybe in the future if I work towards it, but not now, now is about having fun while creating and not focusing on the numbers.

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
IΓÇÖm of the same thoughts, just more interested in sharing my work for all to see, and IΓÇÖve heard many times that becoming monetized isnΓÇÖt as glamorous as some creators make it out as, IΓÇÖd probably make more selling my work than anything a monetized channel would, unless of course I had the millions of views, and is DamoΓÇÖs Paintings gonna get that? Maybe in the future if I work towards it, but not now, now is about having fun while creating and not focusing on the numbers.
Most definitely. I've heard time and time again (and it makes sense, especially for us artists) that selling our own art is FAAAR more lucrative. I can share that with my 26,000 subscribers (mind you I only tend to upload once a month, or once every other month) but with my roughly 100k views throughout my videos per month, I make on average $100 a month, MAYBE $200 if things are going super impressive. In 2017 my revenue got up to $300 a month, but I was posting pretty regularly. But some months when I was at 10k+ subscribers, I wouldn't even make the $100 threshold. Meanwhile you can easily make $100 per painting. You can make that in prints and merchandise.

If the option is there, definitely don't discredit it, because anything is a bonus, but us artists have better avanues than most.

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
mine is to get great educational content out there. the photography industry in Ghana needs lots of education, and that's what i intend doing with my channel. monetization is a secondary thought here.
Absolutely, itΓÇÖs about providing people with something from our content, and as Beanie said above, itΓÇÖs something like a few 100 thousand views just for a bit of pocket change, thatΓÇÖs making me rethink getting monetized at all, IΓÇÖm probably better off just selling my original work or even prints, itΓÇÖll definitely be a lot more worth it than to just make money from my channel, but thatΓÇÖs just my thoughts.

laurenproctor

laurenproctor32.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm not focusing on monetization first, but monetization is definitely motivating. For my personal channel, I'm casual about it. My primary goal is to be helpful.

When it comes to other properties though, I'm more interested in driving revenue. In most cases this isn't directly through YouTube monetization, but by developing a relationship with subscribers and making sales off of YouTube.

HikingWithGus

Subscriber Goal
Eventually I would like to monetize. I am getting close to retirement and would like to supplement my income at that time. For now, I just enjoy creating content. Not to mention it gives me an excuse to head out into the woods and mountains. I don't want to focus too much on the money aspect at this time, I think it would take away for the creativity aspect. But hey, I am fairly new at this....

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
How much do you 'lose' [on average] by not having adsense set up?

By that I mean, roughly, what are you likely to make per 1k views [?] is it a penny???? I guess it can't be much more than .25 dollar [?]

As my fear with adsense is twofold... annoying people away - when you are trying to build a channel, and me second fear is breaking the rules

I'm still learning stuff - like how to do things without doing them from my actual Youtube page. Which if I had adsense, could easily have inadvertently got me banned. Which is a worry

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Personally I think you sell yourself short if monetising on only youtube is your goal. I would look at any form of monetising as a means to formulate a business plan for your work what ever that is. I would hope as my channel develops I would be reaching higher goals than youtube monetising as I think itΓÇÖs not as profitable as people may think. You would need to have a heck of a lot of subscribers to make a living out of it. Me I do it for awareness for autism and not all AutismΓÇÖs are the same. I want to dispel myths surrounding what autism looks like. If I do get monetised from my work well I would use that to expand my ability to produce better quality videos. Most of all ItΓÇÖs for fun right now