• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips Let's Do Something Special

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
The best thing you can do for your YouTube channel or social media account is to be be aware of your audience... you want to serve the people who enjoy your work and supprt you.

But how can you serve them? What can you do?

I would like to hear your ideas for things that you can do for your audience to show appreciation. What are some things that you could do right now to brighten their day?

Reactions: BraveStar

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I basically aknawledge them in my talking while doing videos, giving little shoutouts from time to time. Giving no general replies to comments, showing you've actually listened and appreciated. And when you can and have the means to, chat with them outside of youtube. I like giving little shoutouts in stories from time to time :)

Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
The best thing you can do for your YouTube channel or social media account is to be be aware of your audience... you want to serve the people who enjoy your work and supprt you.

Not an answer to your question, but a related topic to be aware of the audience and try to cater to them. How do you handle when what your audience want is not nessesary what you want or when your audience are split wanting different things?

As an example, I have a gaming channel and sometimes the audience preferce me to do videos about one game while I want to do videos about another. Also pretty commenly a big part of my subscribers want me to do videos for one game while another big part of my subscribers want me to do videos about another game. You cant please everyone and no matter what option you go with some will end up unhappy and you risk losing subs.

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I'm rubbish at self-promotion so I like to think I only post when I have something of value to share. I have a couple of regular commenters on my videos - they like very specific things and I hope to film some footage especially for them and then give them a little shout out.
I also try and make any replies personal. As a viewer, I hate it when I comment on someone's video and they don't even like it or just reply 'thanks for watching'. I know as a creator you don't get much time, but if they have gone to the trouble to support me I feel I owe them something back.

CT Gena

With a comedy channel, we just hope that we can make our viewers smile and laugh. Working with my 8 year old son, we are still building our niche

Reactions: kitchen c/o ammama

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
@Kari B. I agree with you on making replies personal. I feel the same way as you if they made the effort to watch your video, I feel I owe them also especially when I am such a small channel now, and it's possible.
Another thing I do is engage on their channel too so it's not one-sided. If I join a forum I contribute too. I don't believe in taking without giving anything back no matter how small.
I have got over subscriber count. If you go on to my channel and subscribe and I check out your channel I won't necessarily subscribe.
I don't mind losing subscribers, in the long term as I am trying to build a community engaging with each other, especially as I want to go live soon.

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
@InspirationalbyMarie I agree, if someone comments on my channel I have a look at their latest video (or one that I think I'll like) and watch it and leave a nice comment. I think I've only subbed to one person that way, I really liked their channel and ended up binge-watching their content.
I can understand why big creators can't reply to everyone, they get 000s of comments on their videos within minutes. I hope to one day have plenty of subscribers and I think I will say something like ''I'll be online an hour after the video goes live to answer as many questions as possible, but after that, I can't guarantee a response'
I have seen trolls comment horrible things on a person's video because the creator hasn't replied to them, yet the video is 6 or 7 years old and the creator has 500,000+ subs - that makes me sad.

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I pretty much do what most of you guys do, IΓÇÖve made videos where I will give shoutouts to a few subscribers, obviously I canΓÇÖt do all of them, but each video will have different ones, and IΓÇÖll even link their channel or even their website or merch store if I feel their efforts are worth it, of course I wonΓÇÖt do this for every subscriber as there are those that arenΓÇÖt creators and just have a channel as a viewer, instead for those types of channels IΓÇÖll just give out a overall shoutout and give a big thanks to them for their time etc.

I too will take the time to write personalized replies to literally each comment, I have that ability and itΓÇÖs so great to be able to do that as IΓÇÖm helping us all feel more human, instead of being lazy and just copying and pasting a lame generic reply, but as @Kari B said, the bigger creators donΓÇÖt have this luxury, but the ones I follow still do put in the effort to catch the first bunch of commenters, but I can imagine that it will get harder as we become bigger.

In short, we should treat our subscribers like humans rather than just a number, regardless of channel size.

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
For some of my videos I have a pinned comment in the comments section asking if there's any specific video they would like to see. And if I get a suggestion for what video I should do I do my best to listen and credit the person for the idea to show my audience that I care.