• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Honest review of one of my latest videos: what would you change in the way I present his topic?

excelrati

TubeBuddy Pro
User name: excelrati
Title of thread: Honest review of one of my latest videos: what would you change in the way I present his topic?
Self review: Hey folks. This is one of my latest videos. So it is based on my my latest knowledge and experience in the Youtube space. I'm aware that sound has to be improved (I was filming outside with a lapel and you can hear beards chirping) and in one section, the volume is dropping. I just bought a new directional Mic and hope this will be resolved. In this video I was using a DIY teleprompter. Did you notice this? What do you say about the way I present things? Do I seem passionate enough? what about the interrupts? music? thumbnail? tags? Thanks very much in advance!
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EexdXHEQg9I

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/28889/post-86305

Reactions: Doctor7batman89

Lotuz

Hey, hows it going mate.

Let me try to be as direct as possible, this is my first contact with your content:

Thumbnail & Title: I think theres a little mismatch there.

The "why is it so hidden?"phrase would be cool for a video like WINDOWS 10 SECRETS TO IMPROVE PERFORMANCE or something like that, right? Because the clickbaity style would match, both things would work together to spark curiosity. I honestly had no idea of what the video was about by looking at the thumbnail and title, only when you started talking.

Background sounds: They are good, the birds actually make it seem pretty cool, but they seem to be a little too loud and more clear than your voice, which is not bad, but I agree it should be tweaked in the future. Volume drop was also pretty noticeable.

About the teleprompter, I couldnt notice it, I think one problem that reading of a script can create is lack of emotion. We tend to sound a little cold when reading, specially when reading a non native language. I believe that improving on that, adding a little more tone to the reading would really improve quality.

Last thing I feel is that for the first half of the video, theres something missing. Perhaps is improving the tone like I said, but maybe its a bit of showing what your are talking about, like you do in the rest of the video. Perhaps that would help a bit to catch the attention.

Im in no way an expert on these things, just looking at like a guy watching your vid. Best of luck and success mate.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Hobbyartycrafty

TubeBuddy User
Hello Excelrati,

I saw your video.The thumbnail was good bright colours but it didnt say what the video is about it just says hidden
Microphone was clear I could even hear lots of birds making sounds.
Teleprompter your eye contact was good but as lotuz was mentioning you could do better on voice modulation and emotions.
I am also new to youtube trying to improve day by day .Just was saying my opnion.

Thanks

OP
OP
excelrati

excelrati

TubeBuddy Pro
Hey, hows it going mate.

Let me try to be as direct as possible, this is my first contact with your content:

The "why is it so hidden?"phrase would be cool for a video like WINDOWS 10 SECRETS TO IMPROVE PERFORMANCE or something like that, right? Because the clickbaity style would match, both things would work together to spark curiosity. I honestly had no idea of what the video was about by looking at the thumbnail and title, only when you started talking.

Background sounds: They are good, the birds actually make it seem pretty cool, but they seem to be a little too loud and more clear than your voice, which is not bad, but I agree it should be tweaked in the future. Volume drop was also pretty noticeable.

About the teleprompter, I couldnt notice it, I think one problem that reading of a script can create is lack of emotion. We tend to sound a little cold when reading, specially when reading a non native language. I believe that improving on that, adding a little more tone to the reading would really improve quality.

Last thing I feel is that for the first half of the video, theres something missing. Perhaps is improving the tone like I said, but maybe its a bit of showing what your are talking about, like you do in the rest of the video. Perhaps that would help a bit to catch the attention.

Im in no way an expert on these things, just looking at like a guy watching your vid. Best of luck and success mate.

Thank you very much @Lotuz for your honest review.
About the click bait of the thumbnail, I think that click bait is more when thumbnail+title combination provide a subject not delivered in the video.
In my case, the subject is very clear in the title. It's about Clipboard History in Windows 10.
The thumbnail must use big fonts so that the text is visible even when it's shown in small size (like on suggested videos or mobile device).
I'm counting on the thumbnail text to be intriguing for the YouTube user to know more about the subject. This encourages the viewer to read the title where the subject is clearly mentioned. If the user is interested in the subject, he/she will open the videovideo and get the value. If not, he/she won't open

Thanks again

Reviews By You

TubeBuddy Legend
Voice modulation was the biggest issue for me (sorry), it seemed all very one tone and I started to loose focus on what you were saying. I know cut & paste not the most exciting subject but a bit of enthusiasm in your voice could work wonders. Keep up the good work though.

jacksonlogan

Hey, hows it going mate.

Last thing I feel is that for the first half of the video, theres something missing cyberpunk pants here. Perhaps is improving the tone like I said, but maybe its a bit of showing what your are talking about, like you do in the rest of the video. Perhaps that would help a bit to catch the attention.

Voice modulation was the biggest issue for me (sorry), it seemed all very one tone and I started to loose focus on what you were saying. I know cut & paste not the most exciting subject but a bit of enthusiasm in your voice could work wonders. Keep up the good work though.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
within the first few seconds I'm too distracted by the background noise and bird chirping... the thing is, you say you filmed this outside? did you have a greenscreen outside so you could place background graphics behind you?
Video and lighting quality is fine, but I really can't get past the distracting sounds. Honestly, if it weren't for me trying to review this video, I wouldn't have got past 10 seconds before the distracting tweeting distracted me. I still find it strange that you say you were filming outside, yet it's fairly evident that you were using a greenscreen. Were you simply filming in a room that was CLOSE to outside, like a patio or a balcony? (that would make more sense as to the situation)

I'd suggest filming inside. If it's because of having to work from home, and working around family (understandable with noise) I'd try and suggest filming indoors EARLY before everyone else wakes up, or at night while everyone is asleep. That way you'll have quiet

Presentation seems well done. I always envy anyone who can present using a script. It wouldn't matter if it was obvious, most people use a teleprompter anyway, and you did it very naturally so that was fine. Again, I'm very envious of your ability to speak clearly and efficiently. It's just a shame about the background noise otherwise this would be a great video. Simply, try and film inside if you can next time.

TheHappyKidShow

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Like a lot of folk have already said, the bird sounds were cool but a bit distracting. I'm assuming you filmed this outside because of teh natural light in your video (I do this too because I don't have lights for my green screen work). In your case though you are providing important information (didnt know Windows Key + v) you could use as paste (thanks for that tip).

I think you need more flash to break the monotony. Maybe quick cuts to the keyboard or sharing the screen as you towards the end.

Your presentation is strong, maybe mix up the cuts between wide shot to closeup now and then... that way we're still focusing. I had a tendency to tune out. Sorry.

Hopefully this was helpful. A lot of the reviews up on top have addressed a lot of the things I saw. All the best!

OP
OP
excelrati

excelrati

TubeBuddy Pro
within the first few seconds I'm too distracted by the background noise and bird chirping... the thing is, you say you filmed this outside? did you have a greenscreen outside so you could place background graphics behind you?
Video and lighting quality is fine, but I really can't get past the distracting sounds. Honestly, if it weren't for me trying to review this video, I wouldn't have got past 10 seconds before the distracting tweeting distracted me. I still find it strange that you say you were filming outside, yet it's fairly evident that you were using a greenscreen. Were you simply filming in a room that was CLOSE to outside, like a patio or a balcony? (that would make more sense as to the situation)

I'd suggest filming inside. If it's because of having to work from home, and working around family (understandable with noise) I'd try and suggest filming indoors EARLY before everyone else wakes up, or at night while everyone is asleep. That way you'll have quiet

Presentation seems well done. I always envy anyone who can present using a script. It wouldn't matter if it was obvious, most people use a teleprompter anyway, and you did it very naturally so that was fine. Again, I'm very envious of your ability to speak clearly and efficiently. It's just a shame about the background noise otherwise this would be a great video. Simply, try and film inside if you can next time.
Thanks a million Beanie for your long review.
I really appreciate the time you dedicated for writing such a long review. Yes I was filming outside with a pergola above and I had a green screen behind me. The reason for filming outside is actually for better lighting.
I totally agree with you that it would be better to be filming inside however I still need to resolve the lightning and also echo problems I had in other videos I filmed indoors.
With the new the directional microphone I hope things will be better even when filming outside. And thanks a lot for your kind words on the presentation. They mean a lot to me.
Have a wonderful day

Reactions: Doctor7batman89

Doctor7batman89

Subscriber Goal
Like others said maybe have more energy more enthusiasm when you talk. I would say that's my suggestion to you . you looked in the camera good though .

Reactions: excelrati