• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Same Video Appears Twice in Playlist - Confused...

ChrisDinUK

Hi there gang - would love you help with this. Here's the URL to my (relatively new) playlist:

From my side it the video I posted yesterday (Software Testing for Business Owners) appears twice - by which I mean it seems to occupy two rows within the playlist - as if I had two different, but (very) similar videos.

The confusing bit is that they are identical. The have the same share link. If I edit one, then that edit is reflected in the other.

For this reason, I dare not delete one, for fear of deleting both.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how this has happened? (...and can you suggest an easier resolution than starting again from scratch?).

Thanks, Chris

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
this happens with me also a lot . I just remove the extra video from the playlist.

"remove" not "delete".

OP
OP
ChrisDinUK

ChrisDinUK

Thanks - that's interesting @kitchen c/o ammama and good to know I'm not alone. So, you end up with one 'image' (so to speak) in your playlist and one in your general account. Do they both share the same stats/analytics?

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
You're Welcome @ChrisDinUK !

and yes ! Both share same analytics.

Now, I am curious to know if there are anyone else with similar issue and if they found some solution .

OP
OP
ChrisDinUK

ChrisDinUK

OK, so with some more research and testing, I have found an effective work-around for this issue.

First thing to say is that it happens to many people - so you're not alone.

This is what others have done to fix it. I tried the same and it worked for me also:
  1. Remove the impacted videos from the playlist. (Stress: 'remove' from playlist. Do *not* delete the videos - just remove them from the playlist).
  2. Add the video back into the playlist.
Problem solved...

Reactions: kitchen c/o ammama