• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Collaboration with bigger content creator

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Just wondering what your thoughts are on this, would you the small player try to establish a collaboration with a bigger YouTuber?

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
As long as I know that YouTuber very well, I'm totally open to collaborating.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'd only want to collaborate with someone bigger than me if I had something to offer. That said, I've had interactions with Draw With Jazza, and for me, I think it would be best if I just made some sort of fan art dedicated to him or some other big youtuber.

It's not exactly a collaboration, but if you say, make a video of you making some JackSepticEye or PewDiePie fan art, you never know your chances, it might be seen, it could be re-tweeted or even featured. I wouldn't do it JUST to get a reaction, but the reaction would be the bonus and is a nice way of doing a sort of collab, without necessarily collaborating.

At the end of the day you want your pitch to be how you can help and benifit THEM. If all you want is some attention to your own channel, you won't get any response. Big creators are just like anyone else, they want to be treated like humans, and they don't want to feel like people are exploiting them for self gain.

BUT I've watched the likes of Andrew Kan and Nick Nimmin and similar folks in their respective niches doing collaborations. Build a friendship, build a relationship and take it from there :)

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Just wondering what your thoughts are on this, would you the small player try to establish a collaboration with a bigger YouTuber?

I don't look at my number and theirs, I've found it more important to say here is the value I can provide you, and hopefully you can provide me in return. It may not start a collaboration right away. Sometimes just getting to know a person and being a good person takes you MUCH farther :)

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws
OP
OP
DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Good thoughts here, IΓÇÖm not the selfish type thatΓÇÖs trying to do anything for my own self gain, especially after being the victim of this in the past, itΓÇÖs mostly about creating some sort of community where everyone can get something from it, provided theyΓÇÖre willing to put in something, or something like that anyways, maybe IΓÇÖve got something the other one doesnΓÇÖt, maybe they donΓÇÖt need what I can offer, maybe they donΓÇÖt collab with anyone at all, like you guys say, building trust and some sort of friendship is probably the better way to start something, anyways IΓÇÖm still too fresh for something like this anyways, maybe in the future when IΓÇÖm a bit bigger and more known.