• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question What should I do to get my gaming channel discover on YouTube?

JasCool Gaming

TubeBuddy User
What should I do? How to promote on other platforms without making anyone angry? How can I make them stay active on my channel?

Mr Fishy McFish

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I don't know if that will help you get discovered! It will only help people searching for you already. Something that I've just been trying is really trying to nice down and go for something that is based on recency (i.e. an update that just dropped) with long-tail keywords. I think it worked for my latest video, I gained 4 subscribers off it and am still gaining views off it now! It's ranked number 1 for some longtail keywords on YouTube :D the first time I managed to do that! I am setting up a Discord for other gaming creators, you are more than welcome to join and we can talk about strategy and ideas!

Reactions: JasCool Gaming

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Discovery is tricky. And honestly no platform is going to help you get discovered than YouTube itself. The entire purpose of YouTube is to get the right video shared out the the people who want to see it. No other platform will work for you like YT will.

That having been said it is a highly competitive space and in order to succeed you really need to do it right. There are a lot of little tricks to learn that can help you but honestly the best thing you can do is to continue to learn and improve the videos that you make. It will likely take years, be ready for that.

But if you make 1,000 videos and follow best practices (EYE-CATCHING thumbails, INTRUIGING titles and UNDENIABLE videos) you WILL succeed.

OP
OP
JasCool Gaming

JasCool Gaming

TubeBuddy User
I don't know if that will help you get discovered! It will only help people searching for you already. Something that I've just been trying is really trying to nice down and go for something that is based on recency (i.e. an update that just dropped) with long-tail keywords. I think it worked for my latest video, I gained 4 subscribers off it and am still gaining views off it now! It's ranked number 1 for some longtail keywords on YouTube :D the first time I managed to do that! I am setting up a Discord for other gaming creators, you are more than welcome to join and we can talk about strategy and ideas!

Thanks for the tips. I will join your server once you launch it :D

Discovery is tricky. And honestly no platform is going to help you get discovered than YouTube itself. The entire purpose of YouTube is to get the right video shared out the the people who want to see it. No other platform will work for you like YT will.

That having been said it is a highly competitive space and in order to succeed you really need to do it right. There are a lot of little tricks to learn that can help you but honestly the best thing you can do is to continue to learn and improve the videos that you make. It will likely take years, be ready for that.

But if you make 1,000 videos and follow best practices (EYE-CATCHING thumbails, INTRUIGING titles and UNDENIABLE videos) you WILL succeed.

Whoa! 1000 videos? I have only uploaded 132 videos. That's a long way to go.

Reactions: Mr Fishy McFish