• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Hypothetical Question - Alt Accounts

Welcome to Gaming

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
This is purely hypothetical, but what are your thoughts on playing your videos on alt accounts to get views and watch time in that crucial first 48 hour window? By doing this, do you think you will help get the video more exposure in the long run or would it be a pointless exercise?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This is purely hypothetical, but what are your thoughts on playing your videos on alt accounts to get views and watch time in that crucial first 48 hour window? By doing this, do you think you will help get the video more exposure in the long run or would it be a pointless exercise?
Google and YouTube can track the location of your watch time, and to the device, so while you might be using an alt account to watch the video, YouTube sees that it's from the same device and location.

On the light end, those views simply won't count because it's "false engagement" on the tough side, it could get your channel terminated if they discover you doing it. So I'd advise against it.

I know it's a hypothetical question, but I figured I'd warn others in case they get curious and try it, and then "somehow" end up having their channel terminated. I see so many people on twitter asking why their channel was terminated, and it seems very few read the terms of service and rules of platforms.

Reactions: Ikerot

Reviews By You

TubeBuddy Legend
Also I'd assume that you'd have to watch a LOT of your own content to get any traction in the way that you want. Personally I'm thinking of hiring a million Chinese and a Million Russians to watch my videos all the time.....now I only need someone to fund my brilliant scheme :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Ikerot
OP
OP
Welcome to Gaming

Welcome to Gaming

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Google and YouTube can track the location of your watch time, and to the device, so while you might be using an alt account to watch the video, YouTube sees that it's from the same device and location.

On the light end, those views simply won't count because it's "false engagement" on the tough side, it could get your channel terminated if they discover you doing it. So I'd advise against it.

I know it's a hypothetical question, but I figured I'd warn others in case they get curious and try it, and then "somehow" end up having their channel terminated. I see so many people on twitter asking why their channel was terminated, and it seems very few read the terms of service and rules of platforms.
This is something I wondered about too, I figured they might be able to do that. As you say, risky for little gain.