• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips Can someone tell me why this channel growing so fast?

hungrybooks

I accidentally watch this James Jani channel. He has only 7 videos channel is 4 months old and has 177k subs. Why he is growing so quickly?
Yes, his content is very good but that's it. His keywords look like very competitive ones too so I dont think he is doing keyword search either.

sarurakids

Wow... so much wow...
Only thing I can think is he spent tonnes on advertising
Plus he's hitting powerful keywords and things that people are bound to be searching for. So he's figured that self-help guru world is the one and is targeting people's insecurities about it?
Great thumbnails, not watched the videos but guessing his videos are well thought out and edited. His IG and Twitter are nowhere near as huge so obviously he's only targeting Youtube for his growth...
Fair play to him man...
I wish I knew what he was doing I would do the same...
Just another 175k subs to go hahahah

OP
OP
hungrybooks

hungrybooks

I don't think he has spent money on ads. He is asking people to join Patreon as he doesn't have much money.
His content is really good. But is it enough? How did youtube give him that much boost? Hard to understand. But he got attention a lot of YouTubers start to make videos using his name on the title. I think he knows how to market. A lot of youtubers copied his thumbnail and post similar content. Some of them use the same title.

Last edited:

Travel Interesante

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Even if he does not have money, it is possible he is part of some marketing campaign. It reminds me of the girl who made 2 van life videos last year and all of a sudden had millions of views and all of YouTube talking about her to then further propel her viral status. Of course he could still be good at what he does, but I'm going to remain skeptical this is natural.

FWIW, a "James Jani" appears on IMDB, albeit with no picture as an actor in a short film.

OP
OP
hungrybooks

hungrybooks

It could be because he attacked the famous money-making gurus. the rise of fake gurus video is the most-watched one and that's how I found him. Maybe it was his strategy. Make a video against some famous gurus. I checked that video a lot of keywords like "is xx scam, xx scam etc..." Today I checked he is 179k. 2k increased in one day. he didn't post a video for a month. this is against this consistency theory. I posted for 2 weeks every day. Still below 10 sub

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
It is very difficult to tell why some channels grow faster than others some times, and I would highly encourage you not to put too much focus on that. You never know who someone is friends with, or whether this is their 15th attempt at doing a channel and sometimes some people just hit the algorithm right out of the gate. None of this is a reflection of you or the work you do, and 99% of the time you couldn't reproduce their results even if you knew. In fact of majority of the time this happens THAT person couldn't reproduce those same results with a new channel, even with the same video.

This is a perfect example why it is so important to follow best practices. Make great thumbnails and engaging titles, work hard to make the best videos that you can and be consistent. If/when the algorithm picks you up you want to be sure you have everything ready for it to do so.

It could be because he attacked the famous money-making gurus. the rise of fake gurus video is the most-watched one and that's how I found him. Maybe it was his strategy. Make a video against some famous gurus. I checked that video a lot of keywords like "is xx scam, xx scam etc..." Today I checked he is 179k. 2k increased in one day. he didn't post a video for a month. this is against this consistency theory. I posted for 2 weeks every day. Still below 10 sub

Posting consistently is a quirk of the algorithm... but it is neither the largest quark nor is it a requirement for virality. And it definitely doesn't guarantee success. This guy tapped into a valuable trend and he did so better than the others attempting the same material. And make no mistakes; he did so by making valuable content.

It is important not to try and compare your channel to another. There are far too many variables happening behind the scenes to make accurate judgements as to what he is doing right or what you are doing wrong. Study what others do and do it better. Follow best practices and be prepared for the long haul. You can't model your life after those you won the lottery.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
You can't model your life after those you won the lottery.
(sic)

Yup, this. I have also seen people blown up like this and a year later they are nowhere to be found.

Not to get super religious or anything, but and old parable told by Jesus Christ about seeds and the different kinds of soil, they've been planted on and the result:

Other seeds fell on rocky ground, where they did not have much soil, and immediately they sprang up, since they had no depth of soil, but when the sun rose they were scorched. And since they had no root, they withered away. ~Mathew 13:5:6

The principle and application to the subject at hand is a lot of people will spring up fast on YouTube, but generally they won't last because they grew too fast and didn't have a healthy ecosphere to support that much growth in such a short time. it's only the ones who have endured, and built up a good soil underneath that end up successful, generally speaking. That doesn't mean that just because you to the right things that you are guaranteed success, but without a good ecosphere, practices such as good thumbnails, proper SEO, content that engages people by capturing and holding their attention, you won't have a chance.

For instance if you want to make a million dollars, the lottery ain't gonna cut it, just like Stanley said. The best way to make a million dollars is to invest a $1,000 at 10% for 20 years. That doesn't mean the stock market won't crash, as we have seen, but it does mean you actually have a good chance of making it. Most people want to base their channel on the lottery winning scenario. Very few want to take the long slow road of "making an extra $1,000 a month for 20 years straight." The equivalent is let's make 1,000 video every ten years for next quarter of a century. Most people simply aren't thinking that far ahead.

Moto Mengy

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
James Jani is making financial related content for Youtube, it's the golden genre right now. Even crappy financial channels are doing okay currently. Doesn't hurt that his videos are high quality either.

I'm not qualified to do make a financial channel, I just don't have the knowledge, but if I was I'd be doing it for certain.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
It is very difficult to tell why some channels grow faster than others some times, and I would highly encourage you not to put too much focus on that. You never know who someone is friends with, or whether this is their 15th attempt at doing a channel and sometimes some people just hit the algorithm right out of the gate. None of this is a reflection of you or the work you do, and 99% of the time you couldn't reproduce their results even if you knew. In fact of majority of the time this happens THAT person couldn't reproduce those same results with a new channel, even with the same video.

This is a perfect example why it is so important to follow best practices. Make great thumbnails and engaging titles, work hard to make the best videos that you can and be consistent. If/when the algorithm picks you up you want to be sure you have everything ready for it to do so.

Posting consistently is a quirk of the algorithm... but it is neither the largest quark nor is it a requirement for virality. And it definitely doesn't guarantee success. This guy tapped into a valuable trend and he did so better than the others attempting the same material. And make no mistakes; he did so by making valuable content.

It is important not to try and compare your channel to another. There are far too many variables happening behind the scenes to make accurate judgements as to what he is doing right or what you are doing wrong. Study what others do and do it better. Follow best practices and be prepared for the long haul. You can't model your life after those you won the lottery.

This so much this. You don't know the back end. Instead of focusing on the uncontrollable focus on what you have FULL Control of the content you create, and how you research it :)

Lotuz

His content is amazing. I found him because I really dig the honest financial youtubers, and wow. Great content, highly optimized, catchy thumbnail, great voice, great audio, great production value, all that on a subject that can be easily understood by a gigantic amount of people and with a viral video on a controversial topic.

Reactions: Zita
OP
OP
hungrybooks

hungrybooks

His content is amazing. I found him because I really dig the honest financial youtubers, and wow. Great content, highly optimized, catchy thumbnail, great voice, great audio, great production value, all that on a subject that can be easily understood by a gigantic amount of people and with a viral video on a controversial topic.

Yes, I heard many times that mic is the most important part. better than the camera. His voice comes very clear. I finally found his mic brand which is blue yeti black. Now he is 186k increased 9k in 4 days

James Jani is making financial related content for Youtube, it's the golden genre right now. Even crappy financial channels are doing okay currently. Doesn't hurt that his videos are high quality either.

I'm not qualified to do make a financial channel, I just don't have the knowledge, but if I was I'd be doing it for certain.
I disagree with that. financial channels are hit and competition is crazy high now. so it won't be easy for anyone. I don't think he is qualified. He is only 20 years old. More like he is working a lot for his videos, resource editing etc.. he says
60 - 80 hours to complete for each video. that's crazy

Travel Interesante

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro

See, this only makes me think more that this is not organic. Clearly, this is not just some random 20 year old who decided to just say hey, let me start a YouTube channel. Yes, some people have natural talent, but there's no way he's doing this alone and likely has a team behind him... sorta like how the singer Dua Lipa, whose father is the CEO of a communication agency, helped push her to stardom.

Cannot fault him for taking advantage of all the assets he has available to him, but I just would not bother comparing yourself to him and getting discouraged by his success.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Brian G Johnson actually made a video about him :)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyvq7F5e0r8

Plus the guy responded in the comments.
1592332098013.png

zanderlex

TubeBuddy User
It can be a mix of a bunch of things. All you need is one video to go viral before a lot more people start seeing you. The fact that he has 2 videos with over 1 million views shows that there's lots of people who aren't subbed who found his stuff. He could also have a following from elsewhere before YouTube.

Zita

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
zitachristie.com
Subscriber Goal
How could I not know this?:scream: This makes me think more... (yes, sometimes IΓÇÖm too lazy to think). That video of Brian is powerfull, best strategy video IΓÇÖve seen so far, ThankΓÇÖs @Ikerot !