• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Please explain 100.000 views

pizzatravel

Hello guys,
I have a video which was posted to youtube in July 2017.
For more than a year it had about 40.000 views.
And then suddenly I got additional 107.000 views in two month (see attachment).
Does anybody know how this is working? And how it is possible that some video was boosted after a year?

Attachments

• youtube_analytics.jpg
    youtube_analytics.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 159

sarurakids

I was on another support group recently and I heard that Youtube is recently doing something strange, recommending much older videos on people's homepages and in related videos. Those 2 places historically pull in loads of views. The discussion wondered if more people were watching a wider range of stuff including older stuff with so many people being stuck at home. As a result older stuff would become more likely to get recommended because it had received newer views.
But 67,000 views of something!
Congratulations!
That's immense

Kids Fun

TubeBuddy Pro
wow! I have not heard of this but thats awesome! I used to have another channel but deleted it. I should have left it! Congratulations!

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I was on another support group recently and I heard that Youtube is recently doing something strange, recommending much older videos on people's homepages and in related videos. Those 2 places historically pull in loads of views. The discussion wondered if more people were watching a wider range of stuff including older stuff with so many people being stuck at home. As a result older stuff would become more likely to get recommended because it had received newer views.
But 67,000 views of something!
Congratulations!
That's immense
This is true to some levels, but you might also want to see where the external traffic sources came from, because the views went as quickly as they came rather than being retained. Perhaps another channel/vlog gave the video a shout out or referenced to it.

Reactions: Tulhuda

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Need to look into traffic sources on this one... that looks like it got posted to a website or something to me. Maybe mentioned in an article somewhere.

That having been said i've heard TONS of stories of videos popping after extended amounts of time (due to trending topics or current relevence). Seen it happen a few times on my channel after upwards of 9 months. It does happen, and far more often than you'd think.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Totally anecdote, but a very true story. I have a very good friend that uses YouTube to post his travel videos for friends to see. He has absolutely no interest in growing a channel, etc. For him it is a convenient and easy way to share videos with friends. One of his videos is of a crocodile coming out of the water and attacking a water buffalo drinking from a stream. Yeah, THAT video.

After one of his trips he logged in to YouTube to find that he had 10000+ subscribers and multiple videos with over a million views (a dung beetle rolling a dung ball, etc.). He checked the gmail associated with the account to find he had emails from the press, from multiple advertisers, and from YouTube welcoming him to the Partner Program. All for a 3 year old travel video.

Best we can tell, someone found the video and posted it to Worldstar Hip Hop. From there it went viral.

So I guess the moral of the story is that sometimes something goes viral for no particular reason. Enjoy the ride!