• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Opinion Anyone want to sugest a promo app they used?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I was just thinking now, you want to be VERY careful about using GLEAM.IO especially when connecting it to your channel. Doing giveaways where the requirements are you need to subscribe, are against YouTube's terms of service now, and I believe against MOST social media terms of service now. I used to enter competitions using GLEAM, but the problem there is it's considered "Fake engagement" to YouTube. It's also against FTC guidelines meaning not only will you get in trouble with YouTube, but you can also get in trouble with the Federal Trades Commission and face fines. So I'd read up on the rules first before connecting your channel to anything like that.

• Love
Reactions: CBDHeadquarters
OP
OP
CBDHeadquarters

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.cbdheadquartersemporium.com
Subscriber Goal
Wow IΓÇÖm extremely thankful you just told me all this as I didnΓÇÖt know you canΓÇÖt do promo vids for subs. I saw so many and thought wtf I should as well. Then the gleam.io comment wow IΓÇÖm going to have to learn about all the TOS issues before creating more content.
So do you think I should take down videos that I had up saying subscribers will get free entry to my giveaways?

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Wow IΓÇÖm extremely thankful you just told me all this as I didnΓÇÖt know you canΓÇÖt do promo vids for subs. I saw so many and thought wtf I should as well. Then the gleam.io comment wow IΓÇÖm going to have to learn about all the TOS issues before creating more content.
So do you think I should take down videos that I had up saying subscribers will get free entry to my giveaways?
I really wouldn't worry about doing giveaways anyway. The ONLY time I'd consider doing a giveaway is maybe when you have a milestone. But you have to be very careful with how you go about it because if it's considered "incentivisation" YouTube CAN take action. Some cases when I've seen it done well is maybe a company has given you some products to give away, and you've hit say 10-100k subscribers, some people do a celebration giveaway, but then you also have to compy with FTC regulations which gets VERY confusing very quickly.

The other thing to keep in mind is you want people to subscribe because they love your content, not because they think they might get something, because once they don't win, they may end up unsubscribing, disliking the video and even worse. So I personally wouldn't even bother with giveaways at all.

• Love
OP
OP
CBDHeadquarters

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.cbdheadquartersemporium.com
Subscriber Goal
I just want to say thanks you for such empowering advice and that this forum and these tools are incrdibly important to sustaioning my channel growth in so many ways. You guys are all bringing something to the table and its not smoke and mirrors!
yourock.jpg

• Love
Reactions: TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I just want to say thanks you for such empowering advice and that this forum and these tools are incrdibly important to sustaioning my channel growth in so many ways. You guys are all bringing something to the table and its not smoke and mirrors!View attachment 6048

Thank YOU for being such an amazing part of it!

To add to what beanie said. I have had a friend recently get a community guideline strike for JUST having a gleam link in his description. BE careful.

• Love

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I have had a friend recently get a community guideline strike for JUST having a gleam link in his description. BE careful.

Oh wow! I knew you're not allow to have scam/deceptive website linkes in the description of videos, so it's interesting to see YouTube have classed gleam in that category! Good to know!