• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Live streaming with only 25 subs

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
As the title suggests, would that be ideal to get more exposure, and possibly attract more subscribers, or would going live with a mere handful of subs be a waste of time?

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I wouldn't call it a waste of time, but it will definitely be extremely difficult to get exposure. But that shouldn't discourage you from trying. Experimenting with livestreaming till you find the right formula to get your channel noticed and have more viewers takes time and hard work. You can't expect to go from 25 subs to thousands overnight when competing against hundreds if not thousands of other channels within your niche.

OP
OP
DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I wouldn't call it a waste of time, but it will definitely be extremely difficult to get exposure. But that shouldn't discourage you from trying. Experimenting with livestreaming till you find the right formula to get your channel noticed and have more viewers takes time and hard work. You can't expect to go from 25 subs to thousands overnight when competing against hundreds if not thousands of other channels within your niche.
Hey there, good suggestion, I might give it a try sometime soon, and yeah IΓÇÖm well aware there are a lot of other YouTube artists, but IΓÇÖm working on rising above most of them, standing out and doing things no one else is doing, yep itΓÇÖs hard work, but the passion for what I do is strong

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Livestreaming is a tremendous tool and one that I would encourage everyone to do if they are able. it really can help you grow your channel, but likely not in the way that you think.

You can plan out your livestream in advance; schedule it, make a great thumbail and research good keyword tags etc to make your livestream searchable. But let's face it; if you stream for one hour it is only really searchable for one hour, and you aren't going to pull very many people in search in one hour.

The real value of the the livestream is the amazingly-underrated ability to connect on a much more personal basis to your pre-existing audience. People focus WAY too much on subscribers (Even prominent members of the YouTube staff would like to get rid of sub counts). The real focus should be on making super-fans. These are the fans that are commited to you. They buy your merch, they leave you encouraging messages (especially when you are down) and they feel like a member of the family. Going live gives you an opportunity to go deep with fans, to give them a part of what you do. It's a chance to give your time to your audience in the hopes of converting some of them to superfans.

And believe me when I say that 25 superfans is FAR more valuable than 1,000 subscribers.

• Love
Reactions: kitchen c/o ammama

JessBookgirl75@gmail

Subscriber Goal
BraveStarr,
You are spot on!
Jessica

OP
OP
DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Ok great, thanks for your input, but let me make a correction: live-streaming with 34 subs, but seriously I will definitely try it for sure, once weΓÇÖve moved and settled into our new place (moving sucks by the way).

The Belove Show

I feel you going live with such small number of subscribers is courageous. I feel putting yourself out there is important.

Livestreaming is a tremendous tool and one that I would encourage everyone to do if they are able. it really can help you grow your channel, but likely not in the way that you think.

You can plan out your livestream in advance; schedule it, make a great thumbail and research good keyword tags etc to make your livestream searchable. But let's face it; if you stream for one hour it is only really searchable for one hour, and you aren't going to pull very many people in search in one hour.

The real value of the the livestream is the amazingly-underrated ability to connect on a much more personal basis to your pre-existing audience. People focus WAY too much on subscribers (Even prominent members of the YouTube staff would like to get rid of sub counts). The real focus should be on making super-fans. These are the fans that are commited to you. They buy your merch, they leave you encouraging messages (especially when you are down) and they feel like a member of the family. Going live gives you an opportunity to go deep with fans, to give them a part of what you do. It's a chance to give your time to your audience in the hopes of converting some of them to superfans.

And believe me when I say that 25 superfans is FAR more valuable than 1,000 subscribers.
This comment is really encouraging. I have over 500+ domant subscribers and it hurts cause I upload a video and no one cares to watch . I need super fans

Dmi3Bals

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
And how does it works - can I suddenly join the live stream on the channel I'm not subscribed? I mean may the YouTube algorithm suggest me to take a look on unknown live stream?

OP
OP
DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
And how does it works - can I suddenly join the live stream on the channel I'm not subscribed? I mean may the YouTube algorithm suggest me to take a look on unknown live stream?
DonΓÇÖt know, havenΓÇÖt had a chance to try it, but IΓÇÖd imagine that anyone can join, in fact itΓÇÖs just like any other video youΓÇÖd click on and watch, only itΓÇÖs live.

Dmi3Bals

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
DonΓÇÖt know, havenΓÇÖt had a chance to try it, but IΓÇÖd imagine that anyone can join, in fact itΓÇÖs just like any other video youΓÇÖd click on and watch, only itΓÇÖs live.
I never saw any live stream suggestions in YouTube homepage. Have you seen?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I never saw any live stream suggestions in YouTube homepage. Have you seen?

I have but you need to be REALLY engaged with that channel.

Livestreams are a great thing OP however, they can hurt your channel if no one watches, so I generally recommend them at your first 100 subs, and promoting them a good bit. Also keep them focused on WHY people subscribed to your channel. That goes a long way.

Dmi3Bals

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

Livestreams are a great thing OP however, they can hurt your channel if no one watches, so I generally recommend them at your first 100 subs, and promoting them a good bit. Also keep them focused on WHY people subscribed to your channel. That goes a long way.
Many thanks for advice. As soon as I get 1000 subscribers I should try to livestream.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
From observations, "typically" channels with 100k-600k tend to pull in 100-600 live viewers. 20k-50k channels tend to pull in 20-50 live viewers (thought I've seen some bring in significantly more) and channels with 1k bringing in around 10 live members, depending on how much of a community they have.

So with 25 subs, you might get 1-3 viewers (the same goes for Twitch from observation) and at that stage it's really up to you to decide if YOU think it's worth your time.

Personally I see it as good practice, to practice getting your stage presance down, to learn your formula, to learn your transitions and how the whole livestreaming format works.

You'd be surprised how stressful and challenging it is to manage a stream with even 20 people active in chat. I tend to get overwhelmed with 30 people watching all wanting attention. I really should have started streaming when I had 1-3 viewers so I could build up my confidence and learn the craft.

If you make a mistake on stream with 20-200 people in the live, people will notice and it DOES put pressure on you, and you have to learn how to manage that pressure.

If you make a mistake on stream with 1-3 people live, you can just call that practice.

Give it a go anyway and make from the experience what you will :)

Funnily enough, because I subscribe to a lot of channels that livestream regularly, I tend to see them more on my home screen whenever I visit, than actual notifications on my phone now.

I agree with the first 100 subs part. But would having a livestream that no one watches, as pratice, and then just deleting/privating the stream after really hurt a channel all that much?

Many thanks for advice. As soon as I get 1000 subscribers I should try to livestream.
If you're lucky, you'll also be monetised by then. 1000 subscribers I would see as a PERFECT time to start livestreaming because you can also use it as an excuse for a celebration and sharing your 1000 milestone with your community. Many people livestream for their milestones. Some even livestream to PUSH TOWARDS a milestone