• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Only 8 subscribers from 29 public watch hours

JasCool Gaming

TubeBuddy User
It looks like people are watching my videos but not subscribe at all. Is it normal? My videos have "please subscribe message" at the beginning and the end.

This is normal for small YouTubers since they only have a few videos. It usually that a 5 - 20 good videos for your viewer to subscribe to you. You just have to be patient and make more videos.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
As some have already advised, patience is very important. viewers don't subscribe just because they watched one video. Think about how you consider subscribing. Do you subscribe to every channel you watch a video of? It takes more than simply asking people to subscribe with every video, a creator's content has to be intriguing, entertaining, and compelling enough for the viewer to convince them future content will be worth subscribing to them. You also have to take into account that a viewer will not always be compelled to subscribe to a channel with few subscribers. While being a new channel may be the obvious reason for such a low sub count, the average person is likely to see it as a sign the channel may not be worth subscribing to, thus why the content has to do all the talking.

ANT wong deso

It looks like people are watching my videos but not subscribe at all. Is it normal? My videos have "please subscribe message" at the beginning and the end.
I think it looks normal people are only watching first. Sometime, just a few second. Just be patient as small content creator. People will subscribe if your videos are in accordance with their interests and passion. Your case is also occur to my channel. Just be patient.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hungrybooks

hungrybooks

I dont know. I should work on different strategies. I posted a lot of videos. I lot of keyword research. Thumpnails etc...
I see some other channels grows so fast. Maybe great content is the key.

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
ItΓÇÖs normal, the small players only have a handful of videos which would add to the challenge, I hear that to even get noticed in the slightest way, your channel would need something like 30 videos, and if you want to really get noticed, youΓÇÖd better get busy creating because youΓÇÖd probably be looking at an absolute minimum of 50 videos before anyone would even consume energy into thinking about subbing to your channel, and your videos within your niche better not SUCK too, and stand out above the others for all the right reasons. YouTube ainΓÇÖt for sissyΓÇÖs.

LokiTV

TubeBuddy User
www.playingtricks.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
I too have found that getting subscribers is by far the hardest!

I'm busily building my library of videos and currently following the 30 day challenge guidelines. I'm finding not posting to social media the hardest in the short term. My viewing numbers have dropped drastically as a result of not advertising the clips on my Facebook page and twitter, etc. Those followers DO visit the channel and watch. I understand the algorithm is messed up if I promote on social media - but how long does this stay in effect? Do I have to refrain from promoting my channel and videos on social media forever?

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Well, right now you don't have enough content up to have gathered enough data to make any sense of what's going on with your channel. You need more data points. 300 videos is more like it. At least get up your first 100, then start worrying about subscriber numbers.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
But why should they subscribe? If you only tell them "subscribe!" there isn't any incentive for them to do so.

Also, as @Damon said, focus more on creating and bettering your content. Subscribers will come in time :)

Reactions: WanderWithArin

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I had a quick watch of a bit of your video and I think the issue is the robot narrator you use. Also, the theme of your videos SEEMS based on book reviews, but when I listened to one of your videos, there was no mention of a book review, and more it seemed that it was just the discussion of a subject with "book review" put on the end.

People are less likely to subscribe to robotic/auto narrated videos because some will misinterpret those videos to be potentially be re-uploaded content. I'd try a new strategy of using your own voice to narrate your videos. And if your videos are book summaries, I'd change your thumbnails to look like the actual books you summarised. They currently look like motivational thumbnails, and if I'm interested in books, I want to see the book cover, and then hear a human's view on the book, rather than a robotic summery of the topic of the book.

I get that narrating videos can be challenging, I have issues at times narrating my videos, and we all want great audio quality and sometimes our microphone quality isn't as good as we'd like, but I really think switching to real human narration will greatly improve the "human" element and make your channel more subscribable

Reactions: kitchen c/o ammama

Zita

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
zitachristie.com
Subscriber Goal
I dont know. I should work on different strategies. I posted a lot of videos. I lot of keyword research. Thumpnails etc...
I see some other channels grows so fast. Maybe great content is the key.
Hi there, just checked out your channel because I love reading, you book collections are pretty good, but your thumbnails is very impersonal bcs the use of stock fotoΓÇÖs. Then I watched your video, your voice is overworked and the video is made from stock motions, so I missed the personal touch, authenticity and natural approach/interaction. If I want to hear reviews on books from someone, realness is the first thing I want to see and hear. Books are very personal, they are not tech things. I donΓÇÖt want to hear books review from Alexa or Siri. I hope my insights as a viewer can give you other perspective, good luck!

OP
OP
hungrybooks

hungrybooks

I had a quick watch of a bit of your video and I think the issue is the robot narrator you use. Also, the theme of your videos SEEMS based on book reviews, but when I listened to one of your videos, there was no mention of a book review, and more it seemed that it was just the discussion of a subject with "book review" put on the end.

People are less likely to subscribe to robotic/auto narrated videos because some will misinterpret those videos to be potentially be re-uploaded content. I'd try a new strategy of using your own voice to narrate your videos. And if your videos are book summaries, I'd change your thumbnails to look like the actual books you summarised. They currently look like motivational thumbnails, and if I'm interested in books, I want to see the book cover, and then hear a human's view on the book, rather than a robotic summery of the topic of the book.

I get that narrating videos can be challenging, I have issues at times narrating my videos, and we all want great audio quality and sometimes our microphone quality isn't as good as we'd like, but I really think switching to real human narration will greatly improve the "human" element and make your channel more subscribable

Thank you for your feedback and for taking time for have a look, I appreciated it. Yes, I think I know what you mean. This is my first attempt for youtube channel. I will work on the reconstruction of my channel.

Hi there, just checked out your channel because I love reading, you book collections are pretty good, but your thumbnails is very impersonal bcs the use of stock fotoΓÇÖs. Then I watched your video, your voice is overworked and the video is made from stock motions, so I missed the personal touch, authenticity and natural approach/interaction. If I want to hear reviews on books from someone, realness is the first thing I want to see and hear. Books are very personal, they are not tech things. I donΓÇÖt want to hear books review from Alexa or Siri. I hope my insights as a viewer can give you other perspective, good luck!

Thank you for your feedback. I understand what you mean. I think missing personal touch is a big factor why I don't get subs.

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Janaki

Subscriber Goal
People subscribe if they like your video or if they think your videos would be useful in the future. It takes time....I am still on my way.

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thank you for your feedback and for taking time for have a look, I appreciated it. Yes, I think I know what you mean. This is my first attempt for youtube channel. I will work on the reconstruction of my channel.

Thank you for your feedback. I understand what you mean. I think missing personal touch is a big factor why I don't get subs.
Oh yes, a personal touch to your content really can make a significant difference, because you know humans generally want to interact with humans, hence why I NEVER use Siri to do anything, IΓÇÖm starting to greet my viewers with a ΓÇ£good to see youΓÇ¥, and I talk with them as IΓÇÖm completing a painting, and of course when doing a tutorial or tips video, remember what us humans like.