• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How can I get 10k views average if I'm a small youtuber?

JasCool Gaming

TubeBuddy User
I'm a small YouTuber with 1K + subscriber and with 70-100views per video. How can I improve that? And can I possibly get 10k views average on my channel?

Travel Interesante

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Hi Jas, two Questions:

1. Are you already optimizing your videos for search by making use of Tubebuddy's tools?
2. Are you keeping your audience in mind when making videos? It seems your 2 most popular videos are how to videos... perhaps you could expand on that idea within the games you currently play.

Those two things I keep trying to remind myself constantly throughout the creation process.

Reactions: JasCool Gaming
OP
OP
JasCool Gaming

JasCool Gaming

TubeBuddy User
Hi Jas, two Questions:

1. Are you already optimizing your videos for search by making use of Tubebuddy's tools?
2. Are you keeping your audience in mind when making videos? It seems your 2 most popular videos are how to videos... perhaps you could expand on that idea within the games you currently play.

Those two things I keep trying to remind myself constantly throughout the creation process.

Question 1: Yes I do use TubeBuddy to optimizing my video for search, but my TubeBuddy is the free version cuz I can't effort to get the pro version.
Question 2: I know the two most popular video on my channel is how-to videos, but I like making gaming video more.

Also, how can I optimize to the maximum with TubeBuddy free version?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
What does your audience retention look like? What's your click through rate and impressions? but really, at the end of the day for something like this, it's the audience retention that's most important.

I've seen channels with 100-1000 subscribers getting MILLIONS of views, their videos were undeniable (and I'm sure a hint of luck was involved) but for videos like those, a lot of it would be due to watch time... they'd probably have a rediculously high audience retention, that then causes YouTube to push the content out to more people, the thumbnail and title will grab attention, and that gets even more people interested, they click, they're compelled to watch... some of them might even share, and the cycle continues.

Your videos have to be absolutely amazing though. My audience retention looks like hockey sticks, which is why my 26k channel struggles to get more than 2k views for recent videos. BUT when I do videos people in my niche are looking for, over time those videos will gain even more views.

At the end of the day, look at your retention graph. see if you have any major drop offs, fix those issues (maybe your intro is too long, maybe you have to work on your presentation skills) and over time your retention graph will improve, which means your videos are more interesting to your audience, they will watch more, and as a result, you'll get pushed out more and get even more views.

Reactions: JasCool Gaming

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Question 1: Yes I do use TubeBuddy to optimizing my video for search, but my TubeBuddy is the free version cuz I can't effort to get the pro version.
Question 2: I know the two most popular video on my channel is how-to videos, but I like making gaming video more.

Also, how can I optimize to the maximum with TubeBuddy free version?

You can earn free TubeBuddy trials by just being active here actually. So this is a start.: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/27250/

The other thing I would say is if your audience is coming for something your not normally making then it will take longer to grow.

What does your audience retention look like? What's your click through rate and impressions? but really, at the end of the day for something like this, it's the audience retention that's most important.

I've seen channels with 100-1000 subscribers getting MILLIONS of views, their videos were undeniable (and I'm sure a hint of luck was involved) but for videos like those, a lot of it would be due to watch time... they'd probably have a rediculously high audience retention, that then causes YouTube to push the content out to more people, the thumbnail and title will grab attention, and that gets even more people interested, they click, they're compelled to watch... some of them might even share, and the cycle continues.

Your videos have to be absolutely amazing though. My audience retention looks like hockey sticks, which is why my 26k channel struggles to get more than 2k views for recent videos. BUT when I do videos people in my niche are looking for, over time those videos will gain even more views.

At the end of the day, look at your retention graph. see if you have any major drop offs, fix those issues (maybe your intro is too long, maybe you have to work on your presentation skills) and over time your retention graph will improve, which means your videos are more interesting to your audience, they will watch more, and as a result, you'll get pushed out more and get even more views.

This advice from beanie is REALLY solid, and same from @Travel Interesante

OP
OP
JasCool Gaming

JasCool Gaming

TubeBuddy User

My channel average audience retention is around 0.50 - 1 minute because I got a popular video which is around 1.40 minute and the audience retention on that video is around 40sec, so does that affect my other videos? For the video I upload this year, the audience retention is about 3 minutes and my CTR is around 6-10%. Also, can you help me check what makes people click off my videos? Cuz I still can't figure out why people check off. Thanks a lot for tips, I appreciate it. :)

You can earn free TubeBuddy trials by just being active here actually. So this is a start.: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/27250/

The other thing I would say is if your audience is coming for something your not normally making then it will take longer to grow.

This advice from beanie is REALLY solid, and same from @Travel Interesante

Thanks for letting me know. Appreciate it!