• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Why isn't this comment showing up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immortal Explorer

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi

So I just had a notification on my PC to say someone had commented on one of my videos.

However when I go to the video the comment isn't there, nor is it showing as being held as spam etc.

PLease see image below, any ideas?

Cheers

Alex

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 164

Lotuz

The only idea I can see happening there is, what if youtube still shows the notification even tho the comment was deleted? I havent tried it yet to check, but its a possibility.

Niki Proshin

Known Member
Well, sometimes that happens with my videos too - such comments are either deleted by a viewer, or hold for review and hidden before you approve it (in YT Studio comments section)

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This happens to me occasionally. It could also be that the person deleted their comment. I don't think we get to see the comment in our comments if they are deleted, but the notification will remain. Also what Niki Proshin said :)

OP
OP
Immortal Explorer

Immortal Explorer

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for the response. I know the person and they didn't delte it, it's also not being held in the Youtube studio.

Hutchings Farm

This has also happened to me. Was told that some accounts that have only one video but a great amount of subscribers are sometimes deleted?

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have had similar issues in the past and found that the comment was actually a response on another comment which wasn't showing. I think I ended up replying on the drop down you are showing as I couldn't seem to find it otherwise.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi

So I just had a notification on my PC to say someone had commented on one of my videos.

However when I go to the video the comment isn't there, nor is it showing as being held as spam etc.

PLease see image below, any ideas?

Cheers

Alex

So it just means they removed it. YouTube isn't good in updating the creators on this, but this isn't a TubeBuddy questions. Future non tubebuddy questions will be removed.

Since this is the best response thread switched to asnwered:

In that situation, I think this would be a question better directed towards Team YouTube on Twitter as it's most likely a bug or error of some kind. It happens but they might have a better explination.

Status
Not open for further replies.