• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Is it worth it to keep going?

mikef6520

IΓÇÖve been trying to make videos and get more subscribers for a while now. Trying to upload 2x a week. Only one new subscriber in that tine and very few views of my videos. IΓÇÖm an Artist and I try to be energetic and happy but IΓÇÖm really disappointed with the results so far. IΓÇÖm seriously thinking about quitting altogether. IΓÇÖm going to try a couple more uploads and will reassess then but IΓÇÖm really not happy about how itΓÇÖs going. Thanks for the chance to post.

• Sad
Reactions: Bliksemcraft plays

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Well I'm an artist as well, so ask yourself this... WHY are you publishing in the first place? what's your purpose? (also, what's your niche/medium/theme of art?)
To give you an idea, it took me 30 videos and roughly 3 months to hit my first 100 subscribers (5 years in and I am on my way to 27k) but initially my goal with publishing was simply to exhibit and flex my art. It was a bit dissapointing not getting the BOOM results I kinda hoped for. We all hope for the views to simply roll in the moment we hit publish, but the reality of the situation is when starting out, it's going to be a small trickle. And "starting out" really is months. I wouldn't say anyone has really got "fully started" until their second year. YouTube is a YEARS journey, not a quick satisfaction thing.

What's your channel? because it might not actually be your art that's the problem. it could very well be your presentation. Thumbnails play a huge part, titles have to be both compelling and searchable, AND you want good metadata that will put your content in front of the right eyes.

How long have you been doing art for? I assume you've been doing art a lot longer than YouTube without showing your art to anyone. I've been making art for a good 20 years before ever touching YouTube or socialmedia and most people haven't seen any of my art. YouTube is basically exhibiting that art.

I'd like to know more about your channel regardless. But you do need to ask yourself if you want to do this for a couple of months, or if you don't mind doing this for YEARS :)

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
IΓÇÖve been trying to make videos and get more subscribers for a while now. Trying to upload 2x a week. Only one new subscriber in that tine and very few views of my videos. IΓÇÖm an Artist and I try to be energetic and happy but IΓÇÖm really disappointed with the results so far. IΓÇÖm seriously thinking about quitting altogether. IΓÇÖm going to try a couple more uploads and will reassess then but IΓÇÖm really not happy about how itΓÇÖs going. Thanks for the chance to post.
IΓÇÖm an oil painting artist, specializing in realistic paintings, IΓÇÖve been at it for roughly a month now, got 27 subs, a nice handful of views, in fact I noticed that when I hit that publish button, my work gets views without me having to advertise myself anywhere. I achieved this because IΓÇÖm working at it quite passionately, IΓÇÖm always considering what my viewers want to watch, IΓÇÖm going through all my videos and removing the rubbish that doesnΓÇÖt need to be seen, and making sure the main message is as clear as I can get it, and any flaws found, I make notes and keep them for future improvements. On top of that, because I donΓÇÖt want boring videos (geez who does huh), I add entertaining stuff to mine, not too much but just enough to keep the viewers interested, and then I move onto my painting, whether it be a tutorial or a time lapse or whatever, and what I do has left some good impressions on some viewers too. And lastly, no matter what goes on outside my recording time, whether it be my baby girl acting up or pressures of family life or whatever, I ALWAYS show a positive attitude on camera, always appearing to be in a good mood, and not venting anything. This whole YouTube gig ainΓÇÖt for the impatient, itΓÇÖs certainly no get rich quick scheme, and youΓÇÖre only one artist in a whole YouTube ocean of them too.

Having said all of that, I hope to see some of your work, and hope you can grow your channel

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Na, problem is you don't have enough content up. 13 videos not enough. You need more like 130 videos to start seeing real growth. I would encourage you to stick with it and plan how you will produce your first 100 to 150 videos.

Do you think Bob Ross only filmed 13 episodes and gave up? No, he produced 31 seasons and 403 episodes. Unless you have a plan to become that prolific, I don't see how you will prosper at this. If you're doing something similar to what Mr. Ross did, how can you expect to have the result he had without the years and work he had to put in?

Reactions: Theresar2004

Mr Nicky Wilde

The worst thing when we make a YT Channel is making a YT Channel only for subcribers and be famous in one day. Just keep going. However, there is also a niche to reach. If you focus to art fans, i think it's better

Reactions: Damon

MR TECH YT

Subscriber Goal
Hello, its true what everyone is saying, 13 videos aint gonna cut it. You need 100 plus maybe more! dont focus on the numbers focus on what you love doing! I have 91 subs may seem small but its massive, you have 31 thats something! as you post more you see that double or triple! keep up the good work!

Bliksemcraft plays

TubeBuddy User
Keep in mind that Mr Beast had a small channrl for years. Don't give up

Reactions: Travel Interesante

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
Kind of depends on why you made the channel. I just posted my 500th video. I have been posting for about 4 years, and still only have 3,500 subs. (not a bad number, but miniscule by YT standards). I average 500 views per vid. Good thing I did not start into this for fame or money ha ha.

I post vids because I enjoy making them. I like the interaction with my viewers, I do have a handful of very regular viewers. I am having fun.