• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion The Art of Searching

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
A question for you all (specifically newer users and those new to the internet as the internet is now multi generational) DO YOU KNOW HOW TO SEARCH?

Do you know the concept of searching?

I will admit that I'm often too lazy to do a simple search, and go straight into asking people a question, but when you think about it... the time it takes to go straight into asking a question... and waiting for a response, that same amount of time could go into a search, and with how old the internet is... there's a strong possibility that your question is already answered.

If you type "how do I get more subs?" into the search bar in the top there, you'll probably notice a ton of differant people asking the exact same question as you. Many are answered, but those questions have already been answered, yet, instead of searching to see if the question has been answered, we go straight to asking anyway, despite it being potentially the millionth time something has been asked.

when I used forums 15 years ago, people would often critisise me for not searching first. I'd ask a question and the reply would be "did you use search? because this question has already been asked before" and it does seem that the art of search has been lost.

Go to google, or youtube... type in "how do I cook rice?" and you'll find an answer. Go to YouTube "how do I edit videos" you'll find an answer. Generally speaking, there will always be an answer already there for you, you simply have to search, you don't even have to ask. Someone in the past 20 years of internet has more than likely already asked the same question as you. All you have to do is search.

If you know how to search, if you know how to search for questions you have... you can then begin to reverse engineer that, and figure out... how to I provide the answer, to those asking a question.

So to make this YouTube related... lean how people search and ask questions, and place yourself in a way that will be found in those questions.

But at the end of the day, learn how to search. It seems we've lost the art of searching first, BEFORE asking.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
A question for you all (specifically newer users and those new to the internet as the internet is now multi generational) DO YOU KNOW HOW TO SEARCH?

Do you know the concept of searching?

I will admit that I'm often too lazy to do a simple search, and go straight into asking people a question, but when you think about it... the time it takes to go straight into asking a question... and waiting for a response, that same amount of time could go into a search, and with how old the internet is... there's a strong possibility that your question is already answered.

If you type "how do I get more subs?" into the search bar in the top there, you'll probably notice a ton of differant people asking the exact same question as you. Many are answered, but those questions have already been answered, yet, instead of searching to see if the question has been answered, we go straight to asking anyway, despite it being potentially the millionth time something has been asked.

when I used forums 15 years ago, people would often critisise me for not searching first. I'd ask a question and the reply would be "did you use search? because this question has already been asked before" and it does seem that the art of search has been lost.

Go to google, or youtube... type in "how do I cook rice?" and you'll find an answer. Go to YouTube "how do I edit videos" you'll find an answer. Generally speaking, there will always be an answer already there for you, you simply have to search, you don't even have to ask. Someone in the past 20 years of internet has more than likely already asked the same question as you. All you have to do is search.

If you know how to search, if you know how to search for questions you have... you can then begin to reverse engineer that, and figure out... how to I provide the answer, to those asking a question.

So to make this YouTube related... lean how people search and ask questions, and place yourself in a way that will be found in those questions.

But at the end of the day, learn how to search. It seems we've lost the art of searching first, BEFORE asking.

I love this beanie! When I first started to get SEO this is exactly what I did, then I used tools like TubeBuddy to gauge if my hunches were correct and MOST of the time they were. When you start understanding the better way to get better answers is by asking better questions you REALLY start shining on platforms and such :)

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws

miracle du coran

TubeBuddy User
Search varies in Google
For example, who is looking for a wonderful program or application
Someone is looking a solution for a program that does not want to run
And the latest search for new events
Another person is looking for information ...
And Youtubeers are looking for a way to increase the number of subscribers and everyone see it ??

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
It's sad to know that we're in the age of information, yet people are unwilling to search for said information.

The amount of people who asks instead of searching and the amount of times I've linked people to the same video is sad lol