• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Copyright claim or strike question!

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Can someone help me on this, I plan on making another painting video, with an introduction that goes something like this: I start by saying ΓÇ£rule number one, no tyre smoking BMWsΓÇ¥, the video then cuts to a bunch of BMWs doing burnouts and drifts and donuts, it then comes back to me and IΓÇÖm ΓÇ£rule number two, no speeding MclarensΓÇ¥, cutting to a video of a bunch of Mclaren cars zooming off loudly, and so on and so on, my problem is if I use other videos of these cars doing what IΓÇÖm describing, I canΓÇÖt just take any video and use it right? Or if I do, can I claim fair use? And if I canΓÇÖt claim fair use, and use the videos anyways, would that result in a copyright claim or strike? IΓÇÖd love to see some good replies with decent explanations

Edit: I only plan on using something like this in my videos introduction, which is typically 20 ish seconds long, compared to several minutes of oil painting footage.

Last edited:

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I question why you would want to use that introduction at all? Are you going to be painting any said car? I'm wondering why you're using said footage for an introduction for an oil painting video?

But at the end of the day, if it's "open source" "royalty free" "stock footage" and you'll be find with proper attributions, but if it's just found on the internet, you COULD get into copyright issues.

OP
OP
DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I question why you would want to use that introduction at all? Are you going to be painting any said car? I'm wondering why you're using said footage for an introduction for an oil painting video?

But at the end of the day, if it's "open source" "royalty free" "stock footage" and you'll be find with proper attributions, but if it's just found on the internet, you COULD get into copyright issues.

Hey there thanks for the reply, oh yeah the reason I want to do that kind of intro is because IΓÇÖve done so many paintings of supercars, but when I want to take a break from that and just do a lovely landscape, itΓÇÖs just a silly and humorous way of letting viewers know that hey there will be no noisy tyre destroying cars being painted today, just a lovely landscape, IΓÇÖm just trying to make my content more entertaining and enjoyable