• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Reddit Is REDDIT has a good platform in promoting videos?

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
There are a few subreddits that do allow you to post but everyone would be dumping their videos there, so yours might get lost -from my investigation

LushModz

Subscriber Goal
Yes, I think Reddit is a good way to promote your videos. Because if you find the right community group on there that is about gaming, for example, you can post your video there and people have a chances to see your video because it gaming. Also, you can join groups like " YouTube Promote Videos " and you can just post your videos in that comuinity becuase in the end everyone is helping everyone.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
becuase in the end everyone is helping everyone.
If they aren't actually watching your video right to the end, and you're simply posting into a void of everyone else posting their videos into a void that few are actually going to watch, it may end up doing more harm than good and can backfire if you're not careful.

I always think it's better to be more strategic and to post to places that actually share the interest of the topic of the video, not just sharing videos for the sake of getting some views.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Reddit is a bit of a hive-mind. That has its pros and cons. On the positive side, it can generate a ton of views because someone decided they like your channel/video. But it can notoriously cause your channel to get brigaded because someone decides they don't like your channel/video. Certain channel types and certain video types are going to be more prone to the negative side.

But I think the biggest challenge is that Reddit is highly unpredictable. You really don't know what you are going to get.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

LiquidOcelot

TubeBuddy User
Reddit says in there promotion rules You have to be a redditor first with a website not a website promoter being a redditor something like that referring to there 90/10 promotion on reddit. Reddit has brought me so much traffic onto my youtube videos its immense however i did not follow the rules of 90/10 and my whole youtube channel got banned on r/videos a subreddit from where some of my videos went viral and got me money. So imagine that reddit is the go to platform for getting high quality and high volumes of traffic but you must abide by their rules or you will suffer the same fate as i did :(.

LushModz

Subscriber Goal
If they aren't actually watching your video right to the end, and you're simply posting into a void of everyone else posting their videos into a void that few are actually going to watch, it may end up doing more harm than good and can backfire if you're not careful.

I always think it's better to be more strategic and to post to places that actually share the interest of the topic of the video, not just sharing videos for the sake of getting some views.
Well something will work out for others and can be a nice start.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
The bottom line with any social media platform; they are a place where you as a creator can provide value for others seeking what you do.

When we are talking about views there is very little value in social media; there is no way any amount of social media could come close to what is available in search/suggested on YouTube itself. Use social media to make stronger connections. No youtuber ever had a blow-up, banger video as a result of social media.

Reactions: Growing Up Walls

Relentluss Gaming

I got all my subs from Reddit so far, they are a very supportive community.

Sometimes you see the sub4sub stuff, but 95% of the people there sub because they enjoy your content.

Darrenowain

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I think Reddit users tend to watch and up/down stuff that automatically play when you hover over them, if you upload a video link on there it's doesn't get the same feedback, maybe it's just me.

Reactions: IanDominicTV

AshwinR

TubeBuddy User
Is REDDIT has a good platform in promoting videos?

Personally I think it is!

I agree with you. I tried finding areas in Reddit to share and I dont get as many views over there.
View counts, don't write it off.

I've had pretty good results with reddit. You do have to make sure you are following the thread rules though. As with most places they expect you to engage not just focus on self promotion.

Yeah, same for me. If you're not egotistical, and watch other peoples content, you will succeed. It comes both ways.

I've found it hard on reddit

Put some time int it, don;t just promote your own content. Watch other content and comment on those.

Reddit, is a little too strict for me.
Jessica

True, but with a reason. That people just don't drop their link and be off. You needs to support others.

From what we've learnt you need to be engaged in the community. If you just self promote people see right through and it ends up damaging your chances of growth.

Exaclty!

A bit like most communities really, yet people still mindelessly self promote without thinking first :p

Yes, but If you don't support others, nobody will support you. It works 2 ways.

If you're in the right subreddits and make interesting content, then i'm sure you can get a lot of karma. The problem is that the majority of them are run by Power Mods/users like Susan and Gallow and you need to be real popular if you want to make it in the big leagues.

This exactly. I shared my success and how I got there in this thread:
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/GetMoreViewsYT/comments/kbzm1i/hard_works_pays_off_stay_motivated_and_promote/

My Karma shot up!
1607891147325.png

Reactions: residentcasuals