• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Reddit View count from Reddit?

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
So...

If I understand this correctly

FACEBOOK

If I put a link up, then FACEBOOK finds the video picture and anyone who clicks on it - it counts as a view on Youtube

If instead on FACEBOOK I post the video [not the link] - the viewer can see the video [?] but I do NOT get the view added onto my YouTube count [or the time watched added]

So the key there is to ALWAYS put the link into FACEBOOK

right... so onto

REDDIT

If you put the link, there's no 'found' picture of the video. It doesn't seem to search and show the pretty thumbnail. It's just an ugly wall of text and a link.

But at least the views will count

So... how do you get the thumbnail to show up? Do you select reddit from your Youtube video 'share' option [just below the video itself]

If I do that, will anyone watching it on reddit count on my YouTube count?

Also it I click on share, where on reddit does it put the video... or do you still get to choose the subreddit/etc you want it to be posted in

Sorry for all the newbie questions

I've never used Reddit or YouTube before

Thanks xx

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Well I "know" (this was a thing 3 years ago, unsure if it is anymore) some platforms restrict YouTube videos and those views off platform don't apparently count towards the YouTube player's plays. Unsure if that's still a thing, but I've heard that the only views that count, are on YouTube's platform. If it's off platform it supposedly doesn't BUT people do tend to get a lot of source traffic off platform such as from blog posts. So I'm not totally sure myself.

OP
OP
MaJ

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
But if it's your blog post I guess you don't 'squeeze' or take people to real YouTube

I'm pretty sure if you don't use a link [but embed] on facebook - you don't get the views

Which is why I'm doing the ugly 'link one' [so no photo /thumbnail] on reddit

Now I go from the YouTube video and select Reddit - anyone know for sure what happens?

Thanks x

Paddle & hike

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Yes...views count if you post a direct link to a group that accept them.
I post all the time and get tons of views from Reddit.
Just need to make sure you don't SPAM

OP
OP
MaJ

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Thanks

TBH reddit is the most frustrating place

as 90% of the time - I post and the post doesn't even go up - it is instantly [by bot] blocked

often I have no clue why - as it's not clear what rule has been broken

and then if I do get a post go up... it often comes down in the next hour

argh

I always read all the rules and abide by them - so it is frustrating that this happens