• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Is this an eye catching thumbnail?

Mind Harmony

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
5 WAYS.png

Is this a good thumbnail to attract viewers?

Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
It's not a bad thumbnail... as far as the overall aesthetic goes. But I feel the design is a little simplistic and will not compete well against other thumbnails in search.

OP
OP
Mind Harmony

Mind Harmony

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
It's not a bad thumbnail... as far as the overall aesthetic goes. But I feel the design is a little simplistic and will not compete well against other thumbnails in search.
Thank you! any tips where I can learn how to make a catching thumbnail?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Absolutely! The #1 best thing you can do: before you make your thumbnail do a search for your video in YouTube (before you publish so you can see your competition). Then make your thumbnail based on what you see... make it brighter, a different color or a different picture based on what your comoetituon is doing right AND doing wrong!

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
That is some great advice @Stanley Orchard. I would also suggest perhaps making those Xs a bit smaller or more transparent so that the texts is a bit easier to read. After all, the YT algorithm can also read the text in thumbnails which can also help with SEO.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

HeatherPsyD

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
As a psychologist, it catches my eye; however, I don't like the rust orange background color. It doesn't coincide well with the two different shades of maroon text. I'm uncertain what the topic of your video is, or the graphic on the bottom left, but I noticed it.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I think it's a little cliche. I think it would be more eye catching (especially during these times) and crop it right into the face, crop it at the eyebrows and the facemask, and you can put the "anxiety" (which covers stress, so you don't need 2 words) IN the mask. That way you can capture a bit of attention based on the fears of mask wearing. It's "kind of" clickbaity, but covid and mask wearing does cause anxiety and stress to some people, so focusing closly in on the mask would be visually more interesting and grab more eyes I think.