• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice How Often Should You Add The Subscribe Button?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I apologize Stanley, for not making that clear. That's what I mean.
Jessica
No worries... subscribe buttons can mean a lot of things these days! But yeah, my personal suggestion is to have it on every video.

And a pro-tip: cut your endscreens in half (ten seconds). You want to give your viewer a chance to move on to the next video but you don't want that to affect your average view duration as much! Once you say 'that's it' or 'thank you' you have only a few seconds before people start clicking away. Gotta compress the end of the videos to save retention!

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Me, I use to verbally say it at the start of my videos, now I just get on to the main point of my video, and just display it somewhere on the video, out of the way of course, I did this because I was losing views right at these points, so yeah I do that, and of course the big subscribe button at the end, but ultimately the content is what will make the viewer subscribe or not, fancy graphics or any goofy stuff wonΓÇÖt work, thatΓÇÖs it from me.

OP
OP
JessBookgirl75@gmail

JessBookgirl75@gmail

Extremely Well-Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Me, I use to verbally say it at the start of my videos, now I just get on to the main point of my video, and just display it somewhere on the video, out of the way of course, I did this because I was losing views right at these points, so yeah I do that, and of course the big subscribe button at the end, but ultimately the content is what will make the viewer subscribe or not, fancy graphics or any goofy stuff wonΓÇÖt work, thatΓÇÖs it from me.
Damo's Paintings,
Your paintings are gorgeous!
Jessica

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I put my subscribe button at the end of every end card.

However, I'll occasionally put calls to action at the start or middle depending on my mood. I'm not a fan of "please subscribe to me" at the start of videos, so I don't do that in mine either, but a plug every now and then (one in 10 videos maybe) isn't the end of the world. I try to make my subscribe calls to action fun.

Juls

Subscriber Goal
I put the subscribe endcard in every video and also have just started putting a small subscribe icon that comes in every 5 mins in my video just to act as a reminder.. I just tried this in my last video and I think I will continue with it..

Gunjit

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
You can put it in the end screen with some of your other videos

Pyro00

I usually have in every video. It's like a tiny water mark at the corner of the screen. It usually appears 3 mins into the video.