• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Advantages and disadvantages of Premiering a YT Video

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I listed the advantages and disadvantages when Premiering a YouTube Video. If you know another advantage or disadvantage of premiering a video on YouTube, let me know.

ADVANTAGES:
  • You can chat with your fans in real-time
  • Higher audience retention
  • More views!
DISADVANTAGES:
  • It does not start at the exact time. After the 2 minute countdown, it would be like 4:02pm for the upload to be premiered.
  • If you have no one to watch the premiere, it's useless, unless you have good SEO and good promotion.

Reactions: AurigaDave

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
It seems to be more an experimentation in interactivity. I don't think (outside of superchat donations in chat) it really benifits that greatly, and more often than not people don't like having to wait for x minutes before the video premieres. During the premiere you have no idea how long the video is, it could be 4 minutes, it could be 40 minutes.and many have said their premieres have performed poorly long term (mine did)

I've tried it and I prefer the traditional way of publishing content.

kalaspuffar

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
danielpersson.dev
Subscriber Goal
I have not tried it, but have a video in the pipe I don't have a scheduling time for so I will put it on an odd time when most of my subscribers are online and then try to hype it and see if it does better than similar videos.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I live 8,000 miles from most of my viewers so scheduling a good time might be difficult (14 hour time difference). I have been thinking about trying a premiere, as a test. It should be easier on me than a live vid. And if no one tunes in... the vid is still published for later. I need to pick one that should be popular to begin with, like a house construction vid - I do not like them much, but the viewers eat em up!

I am not sure what would be popular with my viewers. I just know my tastes. Since the invention of DVR I gave up on scheduled TV, now I stream everything. And I am not bothering to go to anyone's premiere, unless I just happen to be online at the time. Maybe that is just me?

The idea of chatting live sounds good, and the possibility of some superchat ain't bad either.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I listed the advantages and disadvantages when Premiering a YouTube Video. If you know another advantage or disadvantage of premiering a video on YouTube, let me know.

ADVANTAGES:
  • You can chat with your fans in real-time
  • Higher audience retention
  • More views!
DISADVANTAGES:
  • It does not start at the exact time. After the 2 minute countdown, it would be like 4:02pm for the upload to be premiered.
  • If you have no one to watch the premiere, it's useless, unless you have good SEO and good promotion.

IF they have a huge audience presence at the start they can REALLY boost a videos performance, but sadly the opposite is true too. They can hinder how a video does. They also are built on the same system as live streams, so sadly they don't do as well initially to subscribers since they can choose to set a reminder. They're pretty great, but have some drawbacks. I also rule on if EVERY video is a premiere nothing is.