• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Major drops in views over the last 28 days. (June2020)

Carlos Pacheco

TubeBuddy User
I manage a bunch of YT networks and channels and advise some others. We're talking 5-10+ million subchannels.

As many others saw big views over the last few months and CPM fluctuations.

However, over the last 28 days views have seen serious drops in views and monetization. Like 50% over huge networks/channels. Everywhere, usually, I can pinpoint what's causing or where this is coming from.

The drop is coming from the homepage/home screen only... other traffic sources have stayed stable.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 10.40.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 10.40.51 AM.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 156

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I manage a bunch of YT networks and channels and advise some others. We're talking 5-10+ million subchannels.

As many others saw big views over the last few months and CPM fluctuations.

However, over the last 28 days views have seen serious drops in views and monetization. Like 50% over huge networks/channels. Everywhere, usually, I can pinpoint what's causing or where this is coming from.

The drop is coming from the homepage/home screen only... other traffic sources have stayed stable.

What was the content they were making, and is it seasonal? We are entering quarter 3, so that might play a role in it :)

Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
Carlos Pacheco

Carlos Pacheco

TubeBuddy User
Not at all, like I said this is across various channels and big networks with varied types of content.
Using TB's competitive analytics tool I'm also seeing it on other channels.
Example Weird History
The only data point I'm seeing now is that Youtuber/creator channels seem untouched.

xPedro98

I would say it's because of COVID-19.

I had a lot of Views in the beginning of April here in Brazil. That was when people started working from home offices and children stopped studying. At the end of May I started to notice a very sharp drop! It apparently started to stabilize now in June.
Here in Brazil people started to go back to work and the children are gradually returning to school.

TheGamerHippie

Subscriber Goal
My monetization group and I all noticed drops in watch time for a week and a half. Approx. Last week of May and first week of June. I am not sure why but the analytics reflect a pretty significant loss along with about 3 of my subscribers gone that had to resub when looking at my newest video. I have been searching for whether or not there was another change in algothrims?