• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question YouTube advertising, how effective is it and should I use it?

Optimum Beats

Subscriber Goal
Hi, I run a small channel of just over 2400 subscribers and I'm wondering how effective using YouTube campaigns to draw more people to my channel would be.

I'm not talking about the fully fledged pre-roll adverts that many people find quite irritating, but the small box adverts that come up to the right of a video. I try my best to make my channel look as professional as possible, today I am trying to add some more playlists for the collection of music featured on the channel and to maybe switch up my channel art. After it looks better I'm thinking of purchasing some YouTube campaigns, not a lot of money at first, just 5 or 10 pounds, and then I'm going to build it up from there. Since I have a lot of money left over, I'm wondering if this would be a good investment? My end goal would be to put about 50 pounds a month for a few months into YouTube campaigns, but I'm worried about the negative effects it could have on the channel. Would there be people that would find this sort of promotion "cheating" or "annoying"? I'm hoping that giving my channel that more professional look, since it uses my channel logo as an audio visualiser in its videos, will give it a more commercial feel anyway. With the channel looking more professional to an outsider could this increase the chances of these campaigns working? Also, if anyone has any pointers about how I can improve my channel page before I go about doing this, any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

kalaspuffar

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
danielpersson.dev
Subscriber Goal
Hi @Optimum Beats

Well, being annoying is sadly a part of marketing. If you don't show your best side, no one will see you. When it comes to ad campaigns, they aren't that efficient, but they make you more visible. But I would say that you can't expect more than 3-4 subscribers from 100 views. And if you have just a banner, you might get one subscriber or ten views from each impression. It all depends on how enticing your ad is.

Hope this helps
Best regards
Daniel

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
IΓÇÖm my experience, if the tools are there and they are all set up by YouTube, then you are within your rights to use them, however, having just run an advertising campaign on Facebook myself (they were nice enough to gift me a coupon, aww thanks guys), I can tell you itΓÇÖs really not that effective, ok sure I reached A LOT more people within my niche, 20 something thousand, but out of all that, the amount of subscribers I got you could count on one hand, ultimately the big seller for any channel wanting to grow is its content quality, and the amount of videos too, I could spend $100 on advertising and probably only get 10-15 subscribers from that, hardly worth it I say (lol I might as well take that $100 and buy 100 subscribers the dodgy way, actually I wouldnΓÇÖt encourage that at all), just know that you gotta have awesome content that will attract more viewers, which IΓÇÖm hoping you do have, that way you wonΓÇÖt have to waste money on advertising, good luck to you.

OP
OP
Optimum Beats

Optimum Beats

Subscriber Goal
Hi @Optimum Beats

Well, being annoying is sadly a part of marketing. If you don't show your best side, no one will see you. When it comes to ad campaigns, they aren't that efficient, but they make you more visible. But I would say that you can't expect more than 3-4 subscribers from 100 views. And if you have just a banner, you might get one subscriber or ten views from each impression. It all depends on how enticing your ad is.

Hope this helps
Best regards
Daniel

Yeah thanks, I guess that because of the sort of channel I have getting enough views has never been a problem but its been harder getting people to subscribe, so I might have seen this as some sort of last resort as I have had the channel for many years. I think I'll refrain from using it for now and see how I get on, because as you said it might not be that efficient. Thanks for your help :)

IΓÇÖm my experience, if the tools are there and they are all set up by YouTube, then you are within your rights to use them, however, having just run an advertising campaign on Facebook myself (they were nice enough to gift me a coupon, aww thanks guys), I can tell you itΓÇÖs really not that effective, ok sure I reached A LOT more people within my niche, 20 something thousand, but out of all that, the amount of subscribers I got you could count on one hand, ultimately the big seller for any channel wanting to grow is its content quality, and the amount of videos too, I could spend $100 on advertising and probably only get 10-15 subscribers from that, hardly worth it I say (lol I might as well take that $100 and buy 100 subscribers the dodgy way, actually I wouldnΓÇÖt encourage that at all), just know that you gotta have awesome content that will attract more viewers, which IΓÇÖm hoping you do have, that way you wonΓÇÖt have to waste money on advertising, good luck to you.

Yeah since subscribers are the main thing I'm trying to attract this might not be the best way to go about it, since views have never been an issue its just getting people to stick around. Maybe I ought to think about different strategies.