• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Suggestion Set Block Outside Ownership in BULK

spotishcompanion

Since the last couple updates youtube has made to their platform we've noticed that the Block Outside Ownership property of our assets gets set to "False" whenever
  • a video gets claimed
  • a claim gets released
  • a video receives a copyright-strike
  • a copyright-strike gets retracted
Previously it was possible to select all assets and set the BOO property back to true. We used to do this periodically for all our videos. This isn't possible anymore. I've already contacted YouTube about this. Haven't really found a lot of it online except one orphaned forum entry

We've looked at the Content ID API documentation but couldn't find anything useful for setting the BOO property back to "True" for even just one video.

Is this a thing or are we the only ones for whom this is a big problem?

Anyway, would love to see this feature built into TubeBuddy.

If anything needs clarification I'd be happy to provide more details.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Since the last couple updates youtube has made to their platform we've noticed that the Block Outside Ownership property of our assets gets set to "False" whenever
  • a video gets claimed
  • a claim gets released
  • a video receives a copyright-strike
  • a copyright-strike gets retracted
Previously it was possible to select all assets and set the BOO property back to true. We used to do this periodically for all our videos. This isn't possible anymore. I've already contacted YouTube about this. Haven't really found a lot of it online except one orphaned forum entry

We've looked at the Content ID API documentation but couldn't find anything useful for setting the BOO property back to "True" for even just one video.

Is this a thing or are we the only ones for whom this is a big problem?

Anyway, would love to see this feature built into TubeBuddy.

If anything needs clarification I'd be happy to provide more details.

Interesting suggestion, I 'll see what our team can do :)