• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help so many topics in one channel, Bad or Good?

TH Story

Subscriber Goal
i've only this channel (only one)
but its contains many topics, such as traveling, asmr, cooking, and more.

i think by doing this, its easy for me to handle and control it. just open/use one email to control everything.
(its my opinion)

i need feedback from others.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
there is nothing wrong with that and it is good to stretch your creative muscles and explore different topics. Also, there is value in the quantity of videos this allows you to put out.

What a lot of people are going to tell you is that you need to focus on a niche. This is important if/when you are attempting to optimize the growth of your channel. Focusing on one niche (with a slightly more narrow selection of topics) gives YT a clear signal as to the specific audience they need to be promoting your content to.

So, if you want to maximize growth you need to narrow your topics and focus on a specific niche. But dont do so to the point its no longer fun. You can tackle other topics occasionally and call it a 'mental health write off.' There is nothing wrong with that.

Thei Manaloto

Subscriber Goal
i've only this channel (only one)
but its contains many topics, such as traveling, asmr, cooking, and more.

i think by doing this, its easy for me to handle and control it. just open/use one email to control everything.
(its my opinion)

i need feedback from others.
Hi TH Story, i can relate. First I'm only focusing on travel videos. But when this pandemic happened, I can't go anywhere. So it's better to have a variety of videos on your channel. Just my opinion.

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi TH Story, i can relate. First I'm only focusing on travel videos. But when this pandemic happened, I can't go anywhere. So it's better to have a variety of videos on your channel. Just my opinion.
I agree, back then, I focus on videos of me with celebrities, food, etc. But now, I'm heavily focused on other topics like YouTube, issues that are relevant, and still food.

JessBookgirl75@gmail

Extremely Well-Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I agree with everyone on here. As for my channel, I visit bookstores. However, I can't do that for while now that we are in a pandemic. So, I do book reviews, and short stories. Right now, I am more focusing on short stories, which is my main niche. It does not hurt to have many topics in one channel.
Jessica

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
My channel is similar but I do try to tie in all
The differences to the topic surrounding autism. Nothing wrong with different topics if doing so is easy for you and not making you stressed having your hand in too many pies. ItΓÇÖs also a great way of developing youΓÇÖre final niche

maltanetworkresource

TubeBuddy User
I do a similar thing. I started off with Carnival videos from my country. Then I filmed some dancing shows and other events like Notte Bianca.
I then eventually did more VLOGs with travel VLOGs and comic con VLOGs too. Right now I still have some backlog videos from Carnival and travel too.

Reactions: Thei Manaloto

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I say as long as you're upfront with it, and also remember that not everybody is subscribed to you for EVERYTHING that you do, you can do it.

I know a channel that does this and his channel has been doing well despite it. That and he's very upfront about his variety channel so he tells you it before you even consider subscribing.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I personally prefer a focused channel. There are a handfull of people where I don't mind if they do a veriaty, but some channels that HAVE done veriaty kind of bored me. I love art, I've followed artists that started playing video games, did some cooking, shared their views of the world etc and it got to the point where I asked to myself "why am I following this person for?"

We all have varied interests, but I still think we like to keep our interests focused.

Travelling and cooking have similarities... but not sure how ASMR would fit into that. I get the temptation to experiment, I have an art channel and I'm tempted to put out some ASMR art videos (lead pencils scratching against paper etc) but that's about as varied as I'd get

Try things, but don't get upset if the reactions and results are less than exciting.

Goode Life Outdoors

Subscriber Goal
I've built my channel around a variety of topics - hunting, fishing, cooking, DIY projects - since it reflects my overall hobbies, and most align to the "outdoors" theme. I wouldn't call it a niche. I've found my cooking and projects videos are more popular than my fishing and hunting videos, but I'm comfortable with the "throw it at the wall and see what sticks" approach for now.

I have some life changes in the works that will be giving me a bit more focus on the fishing aspect, so I'm looking forward to expanding that audience. Take this as a "you do you" bit of advice, and see what works best. Cheers!

Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Lotuz

I think Beanies reply here is where its at. Its good to keep some sort of cohesion between your themes or subjects. Its important to understand if you are broadening your themes with things that you are also good at doing. Perhaps there are a couple of things you do well, but you are trying to do 5 different things, and some of those can end up just not being as good, so theres also that.