• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback What do you think is bad in this thumbnail

Martha Smith

1590943176524.jpg

Reactions: Perfect Relaxation

BensTechLab

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.benstechlab.com
Subscriber Goal
The lighting in the two photos is not great. Ideally you could get some higher quality photos.

But also the "Before" and "After" text doesn't have a lot of contrast. I'm still learning thumbnails myself... but a lot of the tutorials will put a thin outline around the letters instead of a background color. Something like a 1-3px white border around your "Before" and "After" letters (each individual letter) would make it pop out more.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I agree... photo quality is the biggest issue here. You had the right idea with the pictures, but the lighting is poor and the colors are very washed out. If you crop and color grade the original photos this will pop out MUCH better! Increase contrast, vibrance and saturation.

Niki Proshin

Known Member
The text in the middle looks good for me, but I'd put it right in the center, and also make the line between two photos right in the center.
Definitely do something with photos, make better ones or somehow edit it to make brighter and more saturated.

TheRoutineInstructor

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Definitely to dark the quality of photo. And tx is ok if that's how you want it just make bit more brighter. As someone already said use edit to brighten it up.

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Pretty much the same as others have commented. They wouldnΓÇÖt pop out to me while scrolling through. Colours are wrong for grabbing attention. I will sometimes overlook photos for eye popping attention text. Text gets me before the photo. ThatΓÇÖs just me

Mario So

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Agree with what others have said. Better lighting would make it better. Also the box where the "After" is blends with the shorts. There isn't enough contrast to separate the background.